RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 10 Seattle Trials
Free 30-day fully functional trials of the Architect edition.
|Install from the Web for 10 Seattle registered users |
If you need to re-download the installer after your initial installation.
|RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 10 Seattle ISOs for registered users |
If you want to create a full install backup DVD after installing and registering.
RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder 10 Seattle ISOs for first time installs
If you can't install using the web installer due to firewall issues and need to create a DVD for your initial install.
Note that there are no official torrent or other downloads for RAD Studio 10, Delphi 10 or C++Builder 10. Be sure to download them from the official source.
posted @ Fri, 04 Sep 2015 07:30:00 +0000 by Tim Del Chiaro
posted @ Thu, 03 Sep 2015 22:20:56 +0000 by Anil Mahadev
In Delphi, C++ Builder and RAD Studio 10 Seattle, we provide a variety of new VCL styles and VCL style enhancements.
Windows 10 Styles
Choose from three built-in Windows 10 styles: Modern Light, Modern Dark and Modern Blue. These styles work great with the new VCL Windows 10 UI controls as well as the existing VCL UI controls.
Common Dialog Styling
VCL styling now extends to dialogs such as TPrinterSetupDialog, TOpenDialog, TSearchDialog and more.
VCL Web Browser Styling
The VCL Web Browser control now fully supports custom styling.
New Style Templates for Windows 10
New Windows 10 Style Templates allow you to create custom Windows 10 styles using your own color schemes. The Bitmap Style Designer can be found in the bin directory or accessed from the IDE via Tools > Bitmap Style Designer.
New OnyxBlue Style
OnxyBlue is a new VCL style included with RAD Studio 10 Seattle. Easily apply it to your existing application via Project > Options > Application > Appearance. RAD Studio 10 Seattle includes dozens of VCL styles.
All included VCL styles can be accessed by browsing to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Styles.
Quickly change the entire look of your application with one of the eight premium VCL styles that are part of the Bonus Pack if you purchase RAD Studio 10 Seattle by September 30, 2015.
posted @ Thu, 03 Sep 2015 21:45:07 +0000 by sarinadupont
Embarcadero Technology Partner Spotlight - Elevate Software: Elevate Web Builder - RAD for Web Applications
Elevate Software - Elevate Web Builder
Tim Young - Elevate Software
Thursday, August 27, 2015
YouTube video replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHScbudPUDk
Elevate Web Builder is a rapid application development environment that allows you to create beautiful, full-featured web applications that run in any modern browser.
You can then quickly and easily deploy your application to the destination of your choosing.
With Elevate Web Builder, you can continue to leverage existing Object Pascal language skills to build web applications, and use it to create front-end UIs for application servers created using RAD Studio.
Elevate Software and Elevate Web Builder information URLs:
- Source code for video: http://www.elevatesoft.com/ewb_embarcadero_datasnap.zip
- Download a trial version of Elevate Web Builder 2: http://www.elevatesoft.com/download?action=info&category=ewb&type=ewbtrial&majorversion=2&version=2.00
- Questions or comments ? Please feel free to contact us: http://www.elevatesoft.com/about
- Elevate Software products page - http://www.elevatesoft.com/products
- Elevate Web Builder product page - http://www.elevatesoft.com/products?category=ewb
- Elevate Web Builder for Web Developers - http://www.elevatesoft.com/products?category=ewb&type=web
- Support Forums - http://www.elevatesoft.com/support?category=ewb
- Support FAQ - http://www.elevatesoft.com/supportfaq?category=ewb
You can find all of the Technology Partner Spotlight replays listed on the YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwUPJvR9mZHgaYTPmY_FhOvJfbl7ZzVku
posted @ Thu, 03 Sep 2015 14:11:36 +0000 by David Intersimone
posted @ Thu, 03 Sep 2015 08:32:48 +0000 by Jim McKeeth
During today’s Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio 10 Seattle launch webinar, I got a question on how to add headers to TListView programmatically instead of using LiveBindings with a data source.
Here is a quick code snippet showing how to programmatically add TListView headers.
procedure TListViewHeaders.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); var Group, Item: Integer; begin for Group in [1..4] do begin with ListView1.Items.Add do begin Text := Format('Header %d', [Group]); Purpose := TListItemPurpose.Header; end; for Item in [1..10] do ListView1.Items.Add.Text := Format('Regular item %d.%d', [Group, Item]); end; end;
posted @ Thu, 03 Sep 2015 01:28:29 +0000 by sarinadupont
posted @ Wed, 02 Sep 2015 23:01:46 +0000 by Anil Mahadev
With the RAD Studio 10 Seattle release, we introduced 5 new VCL UI controls. These controls were specifically designed for Windows 10 and address common UI paradigms on Windows 10. While they were designed for Windows 10, the new VCL controls will also work with older versions of Windows, such as Windows 7 and Windows 8.
As you can see in the screenshot above, we provide 3 new Windows 10 VCL styles in the RAD Studio 10 Seattle release: Modern Light, Modern Dark and Modern Blue. You can also create your own custom Windows 10 VCL styles using the Bitmap Style Designer.
To set a style for your VCL application, select the style in Project > Options > Application > Appearance.
TRelativePanel is a new layout panel that provides a lot of flexibility for designing your user interfaces. It lets you position and align child objects in relation to each other or the parent panel. For example, you can specify to have a text element always positioned to the left side of the panel, and a button always below the text.
Object Pascal Demo:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Samples\Object Pascal\VCL\RelativePanel
The new SplitView control allows you to easily show and hide application content and is designed to be used as a navigational menu, such as a slide in drawer menu. Choose from Docked and Overlay display modes, and Compact and collapsing menu closing styles.
Object Pascal Demo:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Samples\Object Pascal\VCL\SplitView
TToggleSwitch is a switch control with two states, on and off. You can easily hide the switch state captions or provide your own custom text.
Object Pascal Demo:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Samples\Object Pascal\VCL\ToggleSwitch
TActivityIndicator is an indeterminate progress ring indicator. This indicator lets you choose between several types and allows you to modify many visual properties, such as size, speed of animation and indicator color.
Object Pascal Demo:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Samples\Object Pascal\VCL\ActivityIndicator
TSearchBox is an Edit control with search capabilities with many customizable properties.
Object Pascal Demo:
- C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Samples\Object Pascal\VCL\SearchBox
Click on the video below to see the new VCL features in action:
posted @ Wed, 02 Sep 2015 18:05:45 +0000 by sarinadupont
Here's some additional info. Remember these end September 30, 2015 so you don't have much time.
Special Offers if you Buy RAD Studio, Delphi or C++Builder 10
- Introductory discount has been applied to the prices through September 30
- Users of any earlier version qualify for the upgrade price. Update Subscription is not required (but recommended). This is the first time this has been offered in a long time.
- You get free bonus pack downloads after you install and register including two ebooks (More Coding in Delphi by Nick Hodgets and Object Pascal Handbook by Marco Cantu) and new VCL and FireMonkey Premium Styles
Visit the Embarcadero Online Store for pricing and more information about these offers
Special Offer if you download a free trial of RAD Studio 10
posted @ Wed, 02 Sep 2015 15:49:00 +0000 by Tim Del Chiaro
In RAD Studio XE8 we added new components to support the platform native HTTP/HTTPS libraries on all targeted platforms. I covered additional security programming details in my blog post "The RAD Studio XE8 Summer (Northern Hemisphere) and Winter (Southern Hemisphere) of Security!" We also updated Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS) to use the new native libraries so that you did not have to use OpenSSL. The Native HTTP libraries on multiple devices. and EMS use the new http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Using_an_HTTP_Client,http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE8/en/System.Net.HttpClientComponent. In RAD Studio 10 Seattle, we have updated the Cloud API and DataSnap to also use the platform native HTTP libraries on the targeted platforms so you don’t have to use OpenSSL. You will find additional information on the RAD Studio 10 Seattle DocWiki.
- DataSnap Client Applications no Longer Require OpenSSL - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/What%27s_New#DataSnap_Client_Applications_no_Longer_Require_OpenSSL
- Cloud API no Longer Requires OpenSSL - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Seattle/en/What%27s_New#Cloud_API_no_Longer_Requires_OpenSSL
These are just a few of the many new features, quality enhancements and additional documentation in RAD Studio 10 Seattle.
[DownloadButton Product='RAD' Caption='Try RAD Studio 10 Seattle']
[BuyButton Product='RAD' Caption='Buy RAD Studio 10 Seattle']
posted @ Wed, 02 Sep 2015 01:49:53 +0000 by David Intersimone