The response so far has been amazing. We have almost 7,000 students from 175 different countries registered so far, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we pass 10K before it is over. Here is a little chart breaking down the countries everyone is from.
Because of the huge turn out I’m made some changes to the way it all works, apologies for the complexities and last minute changes. There will be a new blog post each day with the schedule for the day, but I will lay out a big chunk of the schedule in this blog post. You can find a link to each day from the main page or each day will link to the rest.
The Learn to Code Summer Camp is made up of multiple parts. You can choose which parts to be involved in, and we will do our best to make replays available for everything after the summer camp ends on our YouTube channel. There will be a main Summer Camp playlist, as well as a few other related playlists. All content is in English unless otherwise indicated.
Some of the content is on demand, some is live, and some is a combination. There is a Summer Camp Main Stream that you need to register for once. Other streams have separate registrations.
- Monday’s Main Stream
Dr. Kevin R. Bond’s How to Program Effectively In Delphi
Join Dr. Kevin R. Bond, Embarcadero MVP, for this introductory sample to his book How to Program Effectively In Delphi. He has provided a YouTube playlist covering the first 6 lessons from his book (over 2 hours of video content), along with some PDF samples and an opportunity to buy an early access version of the book on his website.
- Writing my First Program in Delphi
- Writing first Object Oriented Program
- Creating a GUI from a Console Application
- Windows VCL Application Development
- Identifying and Counting Components on the Form
- Working with Class References
Later in the Week
Introduction to REST WebServices in Delphi with Danny Wind
- 10 AM to 11 AM Tuesday – Friday [Register]
Every App and application needs a REST web service
A live series of four 1 hour sessions, each on creating web services (with Web Broker) in Delphi. This series is ongoing and has been published at Blaise Pascal Magazine. Total just over 100 pages of explanation and exercises. Each session would be live, very little slides with the option for attendees to follow through with the exercise and source code from each of the pdf documents.
- The first session introduces some of the concepts you need to know and shows you how to create and consume your own web service in Delphi with just the GET request.
- The second session shows you how to update the data in the web service and how to create in-memory storage for the web service.
- The fourth session is about deploying your web service to the Internet Information Services (IIS) server on Windows.
Danny Wind is an experienced Delphi trainer, consultant and Delphi MVP. His favorite subjects are Delphi Programming, FireMonkey, User Interfaces, and Threading. Meet Danny as a speaker on Developer Days in Europe, at SDN conferences, and Delphi launch events in the Netherlands or Belgium, or go to one of the Delphi training days in the Netherlands.
[Home page: dannywind.nl Twitter: @DannyWind]