You can find the Arrays project at:
- Start | Programs | Embarcadero RAD Studio Sydney | Samples and then navigate to:
Object PascalDatabaseFireDACSamplesDBMS SpecificPostgreSQLArrays
- Subversion Repository:
- You can find Delphi code samples in GitHub Repositories. Search by name into the samples repositories according to your RAD Studio version.
How to Use the Sample
- Navigate to the location given above and open
- Press F9 or choose Run > Run.
|File in Delphi||Contains|
|The project itself.|
|The main form.|
Before running the sample, the main components are configured at design time using the Object Inspector as follows:
- A TFDConnection object named FDConnection1. This is the FireDAC connection object that the sample uses to connect to a DBMS. The sample sets the ConnectionDefName property to
- A TFDQuery object named FDQuery1. This component implements a dataset capable of executing SQL queries. The sample sets its Connection property to
FDConnection1to specify the FireDAC connection object.
- A TDataSource object named DataSource1. This component provides an interface between a dataset component and data-aware controls on a form. In this sample, it is used to provide communication between the dataset and the grid where the dataset is displayed. To this end, the sample sets the following properties:
- The DataSet property of DataSource is set to
- The DataSource property of DBGrid1 is set to
When you run the application, you see a grid, a combo box and two buttons labeled as PG Read and PG Write. The purpose of these components in this sample is the following:
- TDBGrid – This sample uses the grid to display the arrays.
- TComboBox – Use the combo box to choose whether to define the array as
- TButtons – Both buttons have an OnClick event to do the following:
- PG Read:
- PG Write:
- Uses the Text property of SQL to set the SQL command that FDQuery1 will execute.
- Sets the TFDParam.DataTypeName to specify the field name as
- Sets the TFDParam.ArrayType property to
atTable.Note: If you set it to
atArrayit does not work.
- Sets the array size with the TFDParam.ArraySize property.
- Sets the arrays using the AsStrings property:
- Sends the arrays to the database server by executing the SQL command specified in the first step.
For more information you can refer to the link below: