This Windows Shell Extension contains really useful tasks for Object Pascal developers. It creates right click options in Windows Explorer that really help you work with your Delphi projects to their fullest and save massive amounts of time. Go through the features and images below and get to know it.
The Dev-Shell-Tools has many settings and functions, which are described below, how they work and what they do. Please follow the instructions to get into the most important that you have to know. A lot of the information below is directly from the Dev Shell Tools documentation.
Dev Shell Tools Common Tasks
This is a list of tasks available for these file extensions .pas, .dpr, .inc, .pp, .dpk, . dproj, .dfm, .fmx, .rc, .lpk, lpr, .lpi
- Copy the path of the selected file to the clipboard.
- Copy the full file-name (Path + Name) of the selected file to the clipboard.
- Copy the full file-name (Path + Name) of the selected file to the clipboard using the Internet Path format
- Copy the full file-name (Path + Name) of the selected file to the clipboard UNC format.
- Copy the content of the selected file to the clipboard.
- Open the selected file in the notepad editor.
- Open the selected file in the default text editor installed.
- Open the selected file in the associated text editor.
- Open the cmd application in the folder of the selected file.
- Open the cmd application in the folder of the selected file as Administrator.
- Open RAD Studio Command prompt here : Open the RAD Studio Command prompt (of any installed Delphi version) in the folder of the selected file.
- Open with Delphi(N) : Open the selected file with any version of Delphi or Rad Studio installed.
Dev Shell Tools Specific Tasks for .dpr, .dproj files (Rad Studio Projects), .groupproj (Group Projects)
- Run MSBuild (Default Settings) : Execute MSBuild using the default settings of the selected .dproj file.
- Run MSBuild With ..: Execute MSBuild using any of the platforms and targets detected in the selected .dproj file.
- MSBuild: Allow to select and execute the MSBuild tool (associated to any version of the RAD Studio installed) using the default configuration of the project.
Dev Shell Tools Calculate CheckSum
Dev Shell Tools Support for custom extensions
The shell extension can be customized to support additional file extensions in some tasks.
Dev Shell Tools Support for register custom applications
This option allows you register a script which will be associated to any specified extension.