The drag and drop system that is built into the VCL is limited in that it only supports drag and drop within the same application. If you need to drag data from your application to other applications (e.g. Word, Explorer or Outlook), or if you need to be able to accept data dropped from other application (e.g. the Explorer), you have to use COM based drag and drop.
COM based drag and drop is an integral and very important part of the Windows user interface and the Drag and Drop Component Suite makes it very easy to leverage all the features of COM based drag and drop in your own Delphi and C++Builder applications.
This component suite based on The Drag and Drop Component Suite for Delphifrom Anders Melander. This version of the library has been tested with Delphi 6, Delphi 7, Delphi 2007, Delphi 2009, Delphi 2010, Delphi XE, Delphi XE2, Delphi XE3, Delphi XE4, Delphi XE5, Delphi XE6, Delphi XE7, Delphi XE8 (Win32,Win64), Delphi 10 Seattle (Win32,Win64), Delphi 10.1 Berlin (Win32,Win64),Delphi 10.2 Tokyo (Win32,Win64), Delphi 10.3 Rio (Win32,Win64), Delphi 10.4 Sydney (Win32,Win64).
Every drag and drop operation involves two objects: A drop source and a drop target. The drop source provides the data to be dragged, and the drop target accepts the dragged data.
Lets go through the features one by one. Of course, if you want to see the in action, go to Github and download the package. It’s full with different demos that could cover all of your need !
All the features are described here:
- Freeware with full source code included;
- Enables COM drag-and-drop of any kind of data between applications;
- Copy, Move and Link operations;
- Clipboard Copy, Cut and Paste support;
- Support and implement advanced features such as Delete-on-paste and Optimized Move;
- Drag image support;
- Supports both Ansi and Unicode data formats, regardless of the version of Delphi used;
- Supports asynchronous transfer. Both on the source and target side;
- Automatic scrolling of the target window during the drag operation;
- Relatively simple to derive custom drag-and-drop components to support other data formats;
- Extensive, context sensitive help file and detailed demo applications;
- Implements the IDropSource, IDropTarget, IDataObject and IAsyncOperation interfaces;
- Compatible with Delphi 5 through Delphi 2010.
If you are looking for a good Drag and drop Suite, this is the best one for sure !
Go to the link below and check all the details and download the files to test it.
Design. Code. Compile. Deploy.
Start Free Trial Upgrade Today
Free Delphi Community Edition Free C++Builder Community Edition