In this webinar, Embarcadero Delphi MVP Ian Barker writes and deploys an app that targets Windows, macOS, and Linux from one set of code using just Delphi 10.4 and the FirePower components from Woll2Woll software. Roy Woll (from Woll2Woll) will be taking part in a live Q & A session with Ian after the demonstration to answer your questions plus attendees can get a coupon for a discount on the Woll2Woll components demonstrated.
What are we going to talk about today?
- We are going to write a small program that accesses a live MySQL database
- We’re going to run and debug that on Windows and Linux
- We’re going to take another program, compile it, and then run it on Windows, Linux, and macOS
- We’re going to take a look at the excellent InfoPower X controls from Woll2Woll software
Woll2Woll – FirePower X
- FirePower X is a comprehensive set of controls that works on multi-device apps
- Works on Windows 32/64, Linux, macOS, iOS and Android
- Roy Woll, president of Woll2Woll will be answering your questions with Ian during the live presentation
Program number one … A quick version of an on-sale application … An “in/out” board
- We are using Ubuntu. I got a VMWare ready-made image from www.osboxes.org.
- You need to install PAServer on it
- Guide and script for setting up Ubuntu