FireMonkey (FMX) has come a long way to become one of the best multi-platform development frameworks for mobile app development.
We’ve built a training course to teach VCL developers how to leverage and extend their skills to develop mobile apps in FireMonkey. It is designed to be an 8 to 12 hour course for experienced developers who want to make the move to mobile development with FMX.
- Help you get up to speed for mobile development with FireMonkey
- This is a workshop – we are developing an app together
- Experienced with Delphi or C++Builder
- Some experience with database development
- Follow along with the exercises
- We are showing Delphi, but you can also do it in C++Builder
- Built with 10.3 Rio & should work with any edition
- Including the free Community Edition
- The App Specs: What we are building
- Introduction to FireMonkey
- Setting Up for Mobile Development
- Working with Embedded InterBase: IB ToGo & IBLite
- Building the User Interface with Styles
- LiveBinding: Connecting the UI to Data
- Using Sensors: Hello World!
- Reporting and Sharing: Will you be my friend?
- Architecture Considerations: Android vs. iOS
- Publishing and Sharing your App
- Ad-Hoc as well as Google and Apple stores
Does this sound like something you might be interested in? There are two options available to you:
- Sign up for the course now on Embarcadero Academy and join me for the live instructor-led course. It includes prerecorded sessions, the self-study labs, and a live Q&A “Office Hours” where I work through the labs with you and answer questions.
- Sign up for the course later on Embarcadero Academy for recorded content access only (no instructor office hours) after the live course finishes for a discounted price.
As I’m going through the course presenting it on Embarcadero Academy I am still filling in some gaps and making some changes. So be sure to check back as it evolves.