Developers may need to detect the installed Security Software of different types such as Antivirus, AntiSpyWare, and Firewall Software programmatically? How to do that? Struck with where to start? Don’t Worry. MiTec’s System Information Management Suite’s component helps to identify easily, and we will learn how to use the TMiTeC_Security component in the blog post.
You can easily install this Component Suite from GetIt Package Manager. The steps are as follows.
- Navigate In RAD Studio IDE->Tools->GetIt Package Manager->select Components in Categories->Components->Trail -MiTec system Information Component Suite 14.3 and click Install Button.
- Read the license and Click Agree All. An Information dialog saying ‘Requires a restart of RAD studio at the end of the process. Do you want to proceed? click yes and continue.
- It will download the plugin and installs it. Once installed, Click Restart now.
How to run the Demo app:
- Navigate to the System Information Management Suite trails setup, Demos folder which is installed during Get It installation e.g) C:UsersDocumentsEmbarcaderoStudio21.0CatalogRepositoryMiTeC-14.3DemosDelphi15
- Open the SC project in RAD studio 10.4.1, compile and run the application.
- This Demo App shows how to detect the security software installed and identify the security product name, states, path, version, etc.
Components used in MSIC SC Demo App:
- TMiTeC_Security: Detects installed AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, and Firewall software.
- 3 TListView To list down the list of security software installed based on product type.
- An instance SC of TMiTeC_Security is created. Loop through the Count property to collect the installed security software. Categorize based on Typ property(sptAntiVirus,sptAntiSpyware,sptFirewall) for each TSecurityProduct and list down it properties such as Name, Product State(spsUnknown, spsEnabled, spsDisabled, spsOutOfDate), path in the list view.
procedure TwndMain.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
for i:=0 to SC.Count-1 do begin
if SC.Items[i].Typ=sptAntiVirus then
with lvAV.Items.Add do begin
else if SC.Items[i].Typ=sptAntiSpyware then
with lvAS.Items.Add do begin
else if SC.Items[i].Typ=sptFirewall then
with lvFW.Items.Add do begin
It’s that simple to detect the list of security software installed and its properties from your Delphi application. Use this MiTeC component suite and get the job done quickly.