Cloud is great, but sometimes you want local data too. This session takes a look at how to synchronize your data between Amazon’s cloud-based data hosting (AWS) and InterBase local storage. Learn the advantages of such a system and when you might want such an architecture.
Table of Contents
What is Local Cloud?
- There is no “Cloud”. It’s just somebody else’s computer.
- The Cloud is a server someone else manages for you!
- Effectively outsources the server platform management to specialists.
- Gives you economies of scale for cost savings. It makes large-scale computing power accessible by anyone.
- Reduces internal workload and effort while leveraging the expertise of specialists.
- Cut costs and enable focus on core business instead of being impeded by IT obstacles.
- Reduced control
- Privacy issues
- Security concerns
- Jurisdiction complications
Local / Private Cloud
The benefits of cloud, but on-premises and fully under your control.
- Combining the private and public cloud gaining the benefits of both.
- Operating locally and in the cloud.
Cloud Deployment Models
Public, Private, Hybrid Clouds – On Premise, IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS
What is Amazon Web Services?
- Most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform
- Provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs
- Cloud computing web services
- Provides a variety of basic abstract technical infrastructure and distributed computing building blocks and tools.
- Billed using metered pay-as-you-go basis, based on
- Operating system
- Networking features
- API calls
- Implemented at server farms throughout the world
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)
- Secure and resizable compute capacity.
- Access reliable, scalable infrastructure on demand. Scale capacity within minutes with SLA commitment of 99.99% availability.
- Provide secure compute for your applications. Security is built into the foundation of Amazon EC2 with the AWS Nitro System.
- Optimize performance and cost with flexible options like AWS Graviton-based instances, Amazon EC2 Spot instances, and AWS Savings Plans.
- Migrate and build apps with ease using AWS Migration Tools, AWS Managed Services, or Amazon Lightsail. Learn how AWS can help.
EC2 Hosting Docker Containers
“Isn’t that the same as a Virtual Machine?”
- Use cases
- Desktop database
- Server database
- Embedded database
- Cloud certified
- Best in Class Features
- Change views
- Strong encryption and security
- Ultra-fast, self-tuning, & small footprint
- Journaling & incremental backups
- Windows, Linux, Android, macOS, & iOS
Embed, Deploy, Relax!
InterBase installations are found everywhere; Trusted for solid, reliable use in mission-critical contexts such as patient management, railways, medical labs, multi-national POS, CRM, and emergency response systems. InterBase runs non-stop, round-the-clock. Lightweight, yet rock-solid.
Feature Rich Database for Enterprise and IoT
InterBase contains award winning technologies, build with ISV business solutions and the IoT age in mind.
- Admin Free
- Change Views (SQL based change tracking)
- Transparent Data Encryption
- Journaling and Point in Time Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
Traditional Data Briefcase
Using Change Views
Create a Subscription
Grant & Revoke Subscription Access
GRANT and REVOKE commands similar to Privileges for accessing tables
InterBase on Docker
- Embarcadero has an official Docker container image
- Also includes PA Server and RAD Server
- There are other unofficial InterBase container images
- Or you can make your own…
- Replay, Links, Slides
- Amazon EC2 + Docker
- InterBase Change Views
- Official InterBase Docker container image
- Dockerfile source for image
Learning how to use data management will be easy with the Cross-Platform Desktop App Development tool, which is ultrafast, scalable, and embeddable, with commercial-grade data security, disaster recovery, and change synchronization. You may try the Free trial for the full version & the Free Developer Edition.