In this CodeRage session, you can learn how to backup and restore encrypted databases in InterBase.
- Backing up the encrypted database
- Restore encrypted database
How can I backup and restore an encrypted database? Here are the steps that you can follow:
- In IBConsole you can right-click on the database, with the context menu, you can open the Backup/Restore section, and if your database is already encrypted you need a SEP password to be able to backup or restore the database.
- IBConsole supplies a default name for the backup file. So to overwrite that you can click on the Browse button and change the name of the backup file.
- And it creates .gbk or .ibk file for you.
- To restore that database you can again select the database that you want and with the context menu, you can fire the Restore function.
- Then you can give the file location.
- And in the Database area, you can recreate or create a brand-new database using this file in the restore.
Be sure to watch the session to see the steps in action!