There are many existing VCL Windows apps built with older versions of Delphi and C++Builder, using outdated technologies and frameworks.
In this demo oriented session Paweł is going to walk you through different scenarios of migrating existing Delphi VCL apps to Windows 10, mobile, web and multi-tier architectures.
We are going to discuss best practices in migration VCL apps including:
- Planning Your Migration
- Working with projects in the IDE
- The Importance of Version Control
- Cleaning Up Your Code with Refactorings
- Automatic Documentation Generation
- Sleeping Well with Unit Testing
- App Face-Lifting with Windows 10 Styles
- Leveraging New VCL controls
- Moving to Unicode
- Speeding Up with Parallel Programming Library
- Using Modern Object Pascal Language Features
- Migrating Data Access Layer to FireDAC
- Integrating with REST API Services
If you have an existing VCL app that you want to migrate to the latest version of Delphi, this webinar is for you!