Update: New extended the deadline and simplified requirements. Submit until Feb 22nd. We extended the voting window until Friday, the 5th of March because it took so long to get them all posted, especially with the 10.4.2 release in there.
Another great Delphi birthday approaches! Let’s celebrate with a Showcase Challenge! A few months ago we launched a new Showcases on our blog. This is the place our fantastic developers show off the amazing programs they create with Delphi or C++Builder. We are close to 50 submissions and know there are hundreds more out there. This is where the Showcase Challenge comes in…
14th 22nd, 2021, any Showcase application submission for a Delphi powered application gets a $100 USD gift card*.
There will be three Grand Prize winners Showcases entries that get the most Twitter likes. First place is $3,000 USD in cash* plus a full RAD Studio Architect license, and an InterBase Server license for a total value of over $10,000 USD. The runners-up will each get $500 USD in cash and a RAD Studio Professional License for a total value of over $3,000 USD.
The Showcase is a great way to spread the Delphi message and highlight the amazing things that Delphi developers get done every day! We know you are getting more done with Delphi than teams many times your size.
How Does it Work?
- Submit a Showcase entry
- if you already have a project in the showcase you can just post a link on Twitter tagging @EmbarcaderoTech with #Delphi26th and jump to step 3
- Provide the details for your Showcase entry, including a YouTube video, website link, Twitter handle, description, screenshots, and a shot of your app under development in the IDE!
- We will create a showcase entry and post it to Twitter tagging you.
- No Twitter account? No problem, we will still post your entry.
- Like and retweet your submission on Twitter, follow the #Delphi26th hashtag and encourage your friends and followers to like and retweet it too!
- Like and retweet any entries that inspire you!
- On approximately
February 17thMarch 9th, 2021, Embarcadero will announce the Grand Prize winners based on the most Likes!
Be sure to include a Delphi logo on your website and link back to the Delphi product page!
All logo sizes (zip) | SVG sources (zip) | More Logos
*Requirements for showcase submissions:
- Showcase entry must include 6 images (1080p or better resolution) including screenshots, logos, the app in the IDE, etc., and ideally a video showing the application in action (optional).
- All images and videos must be on a modern (released in the last 5 years) operating system.
- If the application doesn’t have any user interface, then a screenshot of the application in the IDE and images showing what it does (output, report, flowchart, etc.) is also acceptable.
- Screenshot tip: Take your screenshots in High DPI mode or with text zoom activated so they are high resolution, but the text is larger and easier to read.
- The application must be written in a version of Delphi from 10 Seattle or newer.
- The application must be of one of the following types:
- An open-source application hosted on GitHub, BitBucket, Sourceforge, GitLab, Redmine, Assembla, etc. with public visibility and a total of at least 10 followers, watches, stars, reviews, weekly downloads, etc. The repository or associated website must have a Powered by Delphi badge and a link to the Delphi product page.
- Available for the general public (retail, shareware, freeware, or similar) with a public website or app store entry
and reviews on at least two other software sites. A powered by Delphi badge and a link to the Delphi product page would be nice.
- An internal “line of business application” used by a company with permission to use the company name in the showcase. A representative from the company must be available to verify that the application is written in Delphi.
- The $100 USD showcase gift card is limited to 200 submissions. If more than 200 are submitted then the 200 winners will be selected by Embarcadero.
- The $100 Gift Card is for $100 USD or approximate equivalent value in local currencies. The gift card is available from your choice of Google Play, Apple, or Amazon gift card (each international Amazon has a limited shipping area, and not all offer Amazon gift cards).
- The contest is open to anyone with a valid license for Delphi or RAD Studio from the 10 Seattle release or newer (including Community and Academic Editions!)
- The final decision of winning eligibility is at Embarcadero’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited, restricted, or limited.
- All rules and requirements subject to change.
Design. Code. Compile. Deploy.
Start Free Trial Upgrade Today
Free Delphi Community Edition Free C++Builder Community Edition
People is asking whether they can participate using Community Edition. None answered in FB. Could you clarify this issue? Greetings!
Yes, Community Edition is fine. I added a clarification to the rules too.
Hello Jim McKeeth. My name is also Jim, with surname Duff. Inside this Embarcadero, the major word is about the DELPHI company. I am one of the very first major computer software creators over 55 Years ago, with four other major men working on a software, being COBOL to manage the payments to the the Australian Pensions. At the end of 1966, we tried to buy 2 computers from a company (unnamed) in America, but they advised us that we could not buy 2 computers, but only One. So we then contacted IBM in America, and we were able to buy the first two computers that they sent to Sydney NSW Australia. Each year later, we were able to buy computers for each Capital City in the 7 areas in Australia. I have written a document about this story, and wish to be able to place them into some Books that people could read. Cheers, Jim Duff, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
I sent my showecase entry but I had confirmation of my entry… Is this correct?
yes, it just takes time to post them
Can I have more than one entry? regards
Yes, if you have multiple distinct products.
Jim, Is it possible to participate with a platform that is on final test phase and will be released as a commercial product as soon as the test is finished (hope for next month)? is a platform combined with and an aPP an wearables IoT for contact tracing and social distancing. Thank you (Delphi 10.4, server firebird, REST API)
If you are able to share details then yes, please do. Thanks!
I have something under development. I’m happy to show it off and make demos available, but it won’t be ready for release by this deadline. It’s for my own business. I’m not sure how I’d get reviews of it from software sites, but I’d love to get feedback from anybody who’d want to play with it and offer feedback. Is this an option?
Yes, that is fine. We’ve extended the deadline too. Looking forward to seeing your entry.
Hi, Jim, I resent my app for the showcase challenge. I don’t know what is the next step. I have no confirmation from the site (just something like “Message was sent”). Thanks in advance, Manuel Lopez
Sorry, there isn’t a confirmation, but we are working to get all the entries posted ASAP.
Hi. BioniX Wallpaper appeared in the email, but not in the posts on Twitter.
What about the announcement of the Grand Prize winners?
I’m giving a little more time for voting. Will post an update.
Have you announced the prize and the winner list?
No, it took us longer than expected to get them all published because we had so many, and with the 10.4.2 release in there. I’m giving one last week for votes. Stay tuned!
where can i get the code
Sorry Bridget, I’m not sure I understand what code you’re referring to?