If you are serious about developing an app with the use of Windows App Development Tools, you should really know these five superb tools which can help you get the absolute best out of your great ideas when doing development, read on to learn more about how Delphi can empower your skills and coding experience!
Table of Contents
How can Delphi 11 Alexandria make Windows app development faster and easier?
Delphi 11 Alexandria is the latest version of the Delphi IDE and provides native app development 5x faster compared to other development tools. Moreover, your apps built with Delphi can be both specific to only Windows itself or multi-platform. You can easily modernize apps to support Windows 11 with up-to-date responsive controls, styles, and Windows Store support.
- High DPI & 4K
- iOS and macOS
- Windows and Linux
- Android and IoT
- Cloud Aware
- Enterprise Grade Database Access
- Create GUI Apps 5x Faster
- Create Services Based Systems with RAD Server
Have you tried C++ Builder?
C++ Builder – Design beautiful, intuitive user interfaces with award-winning and cross-platform frameworks on Windows and iOS. Provide a platform-native experience to your users while designing the interfaces only once, cutting development time by half or more.
- Modern C++ 17 – Featuring a Clang-enhanced compiler, Dinkumware STL, easy access to Boost, and many more.
- Cloud Aware Tools – Extensive HTTP and a REST client library and even specific AWS and Azure components
- Rapid Development – Award-winning visual design to help you to create native cross-platform and responsive user interfaces
Do you need to edit HUGE files in an editor which opens in seconds and doesn’t lag?
Our third tool is one of the market-leading text editors with the most flexible, powerful, and secure text editor out there called UltraEdit.
Dynamic code auto-completion with IntelliTips
UltraEdit provides code-aware and context-aware auto-complete suggestions. See class members, function tips, and more for most modern programming languages…and configure as much or as little to suit your needs.
Best of all – it just works, out of the box. No risky third-party plugins or esoteric config editing is required.
UltraEdit features the most powerful and intuitive multi-caret editing and multi-selection capabilities in the business. Once your cursors or selections are where you want them to be, you can copy, cut, paste, select and delete just the same as you normally would.
When editing horizontally just isn’t quite good enough, Column Mode is there for you. Use Column Mode to intuitively edit along the Y-axis anywhere in your document. It’s just one of the many powerful ways UltraEdit helps you edit tabular data or code files.
Developer / programmer
- Unsurpassed power, performance, startup, & file load
- Customizable, configurable, beautiful themes
- OS integration (command line, shell extension)
- Blazing fast find / replace and find in files / replace in files
- Fully integrated file compare, instant diff operations
- Secure, trusted, proven, dependable, stable
- Digitally signed installers and libraries
- Easy/silent deployment with MSI installers
- Professional support and in-house call center
- Multi-platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux
Check out the official web page to learn more about UltraEdit.
Did you know you can get a totally free C++ IDE?
Embarcadero Dev-C++ is a new and improved fork of Bloodshed Dev-C++ and Orwell Dev-C++.
It is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and code editor for the C/C++ programming language.
It uses the Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as its compiler. Embarcadero Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC-based compiler. Embarcadero Dev-C++ is built using the latest version of Embarcadero Delphi. Embarcadero Dev-C++ has a low memory footprint because it is a native Windows application and does not use Electron.
- Support GCC-based compilers
- Integrated debugging using GDB
- GPROF Profiling support
- Code Insight
- Code completion and Code browser
- Devpak IDE extensions
- Quickly create Windows, console, static libraries and DLLs
- and more
Get the steps on how to turn on Developer Mode on Chromebook to reduce development time and improve your levels of efficiency.
How can I easily create professional Windows setup programs for free?
Our final and fifth tool is the Inno Setup.
Inno Setup – is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers feature set and stability. Inno Setup may be used completely free of charge, even when deploying commercial applications.
Inno Setup is used by millions because:
- Support for every Windows release since 2006
- Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows. The x64, ARM64, and Itanium architectures are all supported.
- Fully customizable setup
- Extensive support for both administrative and non-administrative installations
- Support for digitally signed installs and uninstalls
- Silent install and uninstall
- Integrated preprocessor option for advanced compile-time customization
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine
Moreover, the Inno Setup source code is available on GitHub.
Be sure to check out all these amazing Windows development tools:
Design. Code. Compile. Deploy.
Start Free Trial Upgrade Today
Free Delphi Community Edition Free C++Builder Community Edition