Hello C++ Developers,
We have new C++ posts with examples that can be used in your Windows applications. These examples are specifically for a C++ IDE. The same commands exist for the Delphi programming language. While the examples are focused on Windows applications, some of these examples can be used in your Mobile application. These can be used in modern applications and help to extend your C++ knowledge. You can also use them in your console VCL or FMX applications.
C++ Builder has a lot of specific methods in its SysUtils library that are included in VCL and FMX libraries. Some of these are grouped together as Path Manipulation Routines that allow users to edit, extract, get and set drive name, directory name, file name, and file extensions. These methods are combined in Vcl.FileCtrl, System.IOUtils, System.SysUtils libraries. They’re all easy to use and make it simple to get or set file path strings from Windows. These can be used with other component properties like the FileName property of OpenDialog, SaveDialog components. We can also check drives, files, or directories to see if they exist or not on a given path. We can include and exclude path delimiters on Windows, we can create random file names GUID file names. We can include and exclude path delimiter characters safely from the path strings.
There is an OnIdle method to define the idle loop of the application. ProcessMessages and HandleMessage methods are useful to process and handle messages of the application.
For more C++ articles on this blog click this dynamic tag search: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/category/cpp/
Here are the C++ questions from developers that we answer in our posts
- How we can define and use C++ Builder’s idle loop on Windows?
- How can set a method to OnIdle method of Application?
- What is OnIdle ?
- How can I use ProcessMessages method?
- What about if I have loop and the app’s GUI becomes unresponsive at runtime while the loop is running?
- How can I receive clicks on the components when I have a loop?
- How can I receive user inputs during code with heavy iterations?
- How can I use HandleMessage method? I have loop and I can not click to components on runtime.
- How can our application receive clicks on the components when I have a loop?
- How can I receive user inputs on heavy iterations and keep the user interface responsive?
- How can I generate a random file name? Can I generate a unique temporary file?
- Can I generate a GUID file name? What is the GetRandomFileName method?
- What is the GetTempFileName method?
- What is the GetGUIDFileName method?
- How can I add path delimiter to a path string?
- How can I remove path delimiter from the end of path string?
- What is the C++ ExcludeTrailingPathDelimiter?
- What is IncludeTrailingPathDelimiter method?
- What is the difference between ExcludeTrailingBackslash and ExcludeTrailingPathDelimiter methods?
- What is the difference between IncludeTrailingBackslash and IncludeTrailingPathDelimiter methods?
Here are our favorite educational C++ posts of this week
These are the posts below that you can find all the answers of the listed questions,
We keep adding new topics about C++ in general and specific topics for C++ Builder, Dev-C++, and for the other C++ compilers. Please keep following our LearnCPlusPlus.org website which focuses entirely on educating C++ developers – whether they are just starting out or wish to learn some skills. Feel free to comment and share with your colleagues, students, members – C++ is great all-purpose language.
C++ Builder is the easiest and fastest C and C++ IDE for building simple or professional applications on the Windows, MacOS, iOS & Android operating systems. It is also easy for beginners to learn with its wide range of samples, tutorials, help files, and LSP support for code. RAD Studio’s C++ Builder version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for high-performance native Windows apps and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs.
There is a free C++ Builder Community Edition for students, beginners, and startups; it can be downloaded from here. For professional developers, there are Professional, Architect, or Enterprise versions of C++ Builder and there is a trial version you can download from here.
Design. Code. Compile. Deploy.
Start Free Trial Upgrade Today
Free Delphi Community Edition Free C++Builder Community Edition