Hello C++ Developers,
This week is another great week. The new RAD Studio 11, C++ Builder 11, Delphi 11 are released with great new features and according to our tests on the most of examples of LearnCPlusPlus.org are working well with the latest RADS 11. If you are new to RAD Studio, we think these posts may help you much as a rapid introduction to programming in C++ if you’re a beginner, all the way to the most robust, modern, and latest techniques for those more experienced with the language or for those who are perhaps wanting to expand their knowledge with the most up-to-date features, routines, and methodologies.
C++ Builder has a lot of specific methods in its SysUtils library that are included in VCL and FMX libraries. Some of these are grouped as Path Manipulation Routines which allow users to edit, extract, get and set drive name, directory name, file name, and file extensions. These methods are combined in Vcl.FileCtrl, System.IOUtils, System.SysUtils libraries. These all methods are easy to use and easy to get or set file path strings in that operating system. These can be used with other component properties like FileName property of OpenDialog, SaveDialog components. We can also check drives, files, or directories if they exist or not in that given path. And we can combine two path strings as a new path string. C++ Builder is very powerful in these kinds of operations with the path strings.
We have new C++ posts with examples about Path Manipulation Routines that can be used in your Windows applications or your Mobile application, games, or may help to extend your C++ knowledge by the given different methods below.
We also post a good selection of very useful C++ posts here on the Embarcadero Blog. To find them just click on the following dynamic search link: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/?s=c%2B%2B
We have already written about the Path Manipulation routines in this blog post: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/how-to-use-c-builder-path-manipulation-routines-on-windows/
But there’s so much more to learn!
How to use C++ Builder in modern and professional ways
If you are following our posts these posts will be easy to understand awesome basics of modern C++. Here have new LearnCPlusPlus.org picks for you this week.
- How to Combine Two Path Strings in C++ Builder
- How To Use ForceDirectories Method To Create Folders In C++
- How To Use C++ To Get And Set Current Directory On Windows
- The Easy Way To Create A Windows Directory In C++
- How To Get A Full Path From A String On Windows?
- How To Use GetTempPath Method In C++ Builder?
- How to Get Disk Information in C++ on Windows?
Here are the C++ questions from developers that we answer in our posts
Here are the questions that answer in these post picks above,
- What is full path?
- What is absolute path?
- What does relative path means?
- How can I get a full path from a path string in C++ Builder?
- What is the GetFullPath Method is?
- What is the Syntax of the GetFullPath Method?
- Is there an example of how to use the GetFullPath Method?
- How can we combine two path strings in C++ Builder?
- What is Combine Method?
- What is the Syntax of Combine Method?
- Is there an Example to Combine Method?
- How we can we create a new directory and it’s parent directories?
- How can I Use ForceDirectories Method ?
- How can I use the directory creation method including the creation of its subfolders?
- What does “current directory” mean?
- In C++ Builder, how can we can get current directory?
- How can I use GetCurrentDir method in C++ Builder?
- How can I use the GetCurrentDirectory Method in C++ Builder?
- How can I create a directory in C++ Builder?
- How can I use System Commands to Create a Directory?
- Can I use the DOS command to create a Folder?
- What is the MkDir method?
- How can I use the CreateDirectory method?
- Is there a example about std::filesystem::create_directory() method?
- How can I get a GetTempPath from the operating system?
- How we can use GetTempPath Method in C++?
- How can I easily find the location of the Temp Directory?
- How can I get disk size information in C++ Builder?
- How can I get disk free size information in C++ Builder?
- How can I calculate free percentage of a disk?
What are some of our favorite C++ posts?
We keep adding new topics about C++ in general and specific topics for C++ Builder, Dev-C++, and for the other C++ compilers. Please keep following our LearnCPlusPlus.org website for the latest posts and updates. Feel free to comment and share with your colleagues, students, members – knowledge is power, and knowledge shared is empowering.
C++ Builder is the easiest and fastest C and C++ IDE for building simple or professional applications on the Windows, MacOS, iOS & Android operating systems. It is also easy for beginners to learn with its wide range of samples, tutorials, help files, and LSP support for code. RAD Studio’s C++ Builder version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for high-performance native Windows apps and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs.
There is a free C++ Builder Community Edition for students, beginners, and startups; it can be downloaded from here. For professional developers, there are Professional, Architect, or Enterprise versions of C++ Builder and there is a trial version you can download from here.