StoreIn this session, you can how to take advantage of the new Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) to develop, debug, and deploy Linux applications from Delphi.
What is the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a compatibility layer for running Linux binary executables natively on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019
- Multiple distributions are available via the Microsoft Store (Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, Kali, Fedora e.t.c)
- Mostly focused on the command-line interface with limited support for GUI apps via the external X11 server
- Less abstraction and better Windows integration than a traditional Virtual Machine
- Similar to Hyper-V or Windows Sandbox
- Invoke Linux binaries from Windows and Windows executables from Linux
Be sure to watch the whole session to learn:
- WSL Installation
- Managing WSL Distros
- Targeting from Delphi to Linux
- Installation of the PAServer
All these steps are shown in action with real demos.