In this bootcamp you will learn how to build a RESTful Network of IoT Devices with Arduino and RAD Server. Arduino open source hardware provides a flexible platform to build connected Internet of Things hardware projects. RAD Server provides a RESTful service.
Join industry experts for this FREE 4-day online workshop that ran February 6th to 9th. Create connected device projects with open source hardware. Connect several IoT (Internet of Things) devices to a smart network with RAD Server. Publish your RAD Server APIs with YAML and Swagger and share your smart network with the world.
During the course of this Boot Camp, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in these engaging experiences:
Day 3 – Build an auto-managing connected network of IoT devices that employs a unified REST API—using RAD Server and ThingPoints
The IoT Boot Camp is powered by RAD Studio (Delphi or C++Builder) + RAD Server + Visuino. You will also want CommunicationLab, InstrumentLab and PlotLab from Mitov Software. Get version 126.96.36.199 or later. [See the checklist]
Visuino is the latest innovative software from Mitov Software. A visual programming environment allowing you to program your Arduino boards. It currently supports the official Arduino boards, ESP8266, Controllino, Goldilocks Analogue, and number of Arduino clones.
It brings rapid application prototyping and developing to the Arduino platform. Combining it with some libraries from Mitov software and Delphi or C++Builder with RAD Server creates a complete IoT solution with connectivity to multiple platforms, devices, data storage and web services.
Thanks to the hard work of Boian Mitov of Visuino and Mitov Software, and the fine folks over at MakerFabs we have an official kit for our boot camp. This kit was designed to work with our boot camp, so you will know you are getting quality compatible components. We may not get to all of these components during the bootcamp, but we will follow up with more materials after the camp to put them to work.
They offer a few shipping options so you should be able to get your package in time. If not, or if you want to only order some of the parts, even from a different vendor, here is the list of parts in the package. The bundled package also includes a nice case and discount.
- 1 x Arduino Nano v3
- 1 x NodeMCU Mini
- 1 x HC-05 Serial Bluetooth Module
- 1 x IR receiver
- 1 x IR Transmitter
- 1 x Infrared Remote Controller
- 1 x 28BYJ-48 Stepper motor-5V
- 1 x ULN2003 Stepper Motor Driver
- 1 x Tower Pro 9g SG-90 Mini Servo
- 1 x MPU6050 3-Axis Acceleration Gyroscope 6DOF Module
- 1 x HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Range Measurement Module
- 1 x DHT11 Temperature& Humidity Module
- 1 x Light Sensor Module
- 1 x EC11 Encoder
- 1 x 1-Channel Relay Module-10A
- 1 x Analog 2-axis Thumb Joystick with Select Button
- 2 x Hat Button Module
- 1 x 10mm RGB LED Module
- 1 x Sealed Membrane 4X4 Button Pad With Sticker
- 1 x 0.96″ I2C OLED 128×64- Blue
- 1 x Breadboard- 8.3×5.5cm
- 1 x 40 pin dual male splittable jumper wire – 20cm
- 1 x 40 pin dual female splittable jumper wire- 20cm
- 1 x 40 pin male female splittable jumper wire – 20cm
- 1 x Micro USB cable