Hello to All Beginner and Professional C++ Developers,
C++ Builder is a modern, professional IDE with great C and C++ compilers for a range of different OS platforms to create great C++ software. The C++ Builder IDE and runtime have a lot of modern features. This is another hot week of summer with a lot of new C++ posts. Every post here gives you more details about the methods of modern C++ and C++ Builder. Today, we will continue our series on strings of classic C++ as well as path manipulation routines of C++ Builder. Firstly, we explain how to use
find method with
wstrings, then we explain how to copy
wstring to wide char array in modern ways of C++, and we teach how to use
find_first_not_of method in string searches. In path manipulations routines section, we explain how to use
ExtractFileName method and the
GetFileName Method with UnicodeStrings or Strings in C++ Builder.
Table of Contents
What is LearnCPlusPlus.org and how does it relate to modern C++ software?
LearnCPlusPlus.org is packed full of great articles for professionals and beginners alike. The posts vary from articles suitable for people who are just starting to learn C++ – basics like string handling, pointers, loops, and all those fundamental building blocks of this rich and powerful programming language – too much more in-depth and advanced subjects like artificial neural networks and AI, along with the math behind it. Our focus is on the C++ language, particularly modern C++, and will work with almost any environment and IDE software you can choose although, of course, we believe RAD Studio C++ Builder is the best option!
If you are new to RAD Studio, we think these posts may help you as much as a rapid introduction to programming in C++, all the way to the most robust, modern, and latest techniques for those more experienced with the language. For those who are perhaps wanting to expand their knowledge with the most up-to-date features, routines, and methodologies this is a great little boost (pun intended) to your C++ knowledge. The new RAD Studio 11, C++ Builder 11, Delphi 11 are released with great new features and we are developing and testing new examples for you with the latest RADS 11 that means.LearnCPlusPlus.org examples are working well with the latest C++ Builder.
This week there is a new release of RAD Studio / C++ Builder version 11.1.5 with Code Insight Update,
You can see more of our C++ posts on this blog by clicking the following dynamic search link: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/?s=C%2B%2B
Here are today’s selections:
How can we use C++ Builder in the most modern and efficient ways?
These posts are designed to give you more information and to be easy to understand the modern and professional ways that we use in C++. Here are the topics,
- What Is The find() Wide String Method In A Modern C++ App?
- How To Copy A Wide String to Wide Char Array In A C++ App
- How To Make find_first_not_of() String Searches In A C++ App
- How To Use The ExtractFileName Method In Your C++ Software
- How To Use GetFileName On A Path String In A C++ App
What kinds of C++ software questions are we answering?
These are the questions that we answer in this collection. Once you’ve read through the articles you will know the answers to the following:
- What is std::wstring or wide string in C++?
- How can I access a character of a wstring in my C++ app?
- How can I use the at() method of wide strings?
- Can I use front() and back() methods in std::wstring to access characters?
- How can I use copy() method of std::wstring in a C++ application?
- How can I copy a wide string to a wide char array?
- How can I find a first or last character that is not a character that i am searching in a string in my C++ app?
- What kind of methods I can use to find the first character equal to none of the characters in the given string in a std::string?
- How can I use find_first_not_of() methods with strings?
- How can I use find_last_not_of() methods with strings?
- What is the ExtractFileName method?
- What is the syntax of ExtractFileName method?
- How can I extract file name from a String in C++?
- How can I extract file name from a UnicodeString in C++ Builder?
- Is there a C++ example to ExtractFileName method?
- How can I get a file name from a path string in a C++ app using C++ Builder?
- What is the GetFileName Method?
- What is the syntax of the GetFileName Method?
- Is there an example of using the GetFileName Method?
C++ Builder has the answers for all these C++ software questions
C++ Builder can supply all the answers to those questions above and the posts include some very simple step-by-step examples to show you how.
You motivate us so much with your likes and comments on social media and here. Thank you for all your valuable comments and questions. All them help improve the quality of our future posts and new codes in these posts.
We have a lot of unique posts waiting to come. We keep adding new topics every week about C++ in general and specific topics for C++ Builder, Dev-C++, and for the other C++ compilers. Please keep following our LearnCPlusPlus.org website for the latest posts and updates. Feel free to comment and share with your colleagues, students, members – knowledge is power, and knowledge shared is empowering.
C++ Builder is the easiest and fastest C and C++ IDE for building simple or professional applications on the Windows, MacOS, iOS & Android operating systems. It is also easy for beginners to learn with its wide range of samples, tutorials, help files, and LSP support for code. RAD Studio’s C++ Builder version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for high-performance native Windows apps and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs.
You can download the free C++ Builder Community Edition for students, beginners, and startups. Professional developers can download a trial copy of the Professional, Architect, or Enterprise versions of C++ Builder.