Many know how to use BookMark in your code editor using the RAD Studio IDE. You can mark a location in your code with a bookmark and jump directly to it from anywhere in the file. Bookmarks are preserved when you save the file and available when you reopen the file in the Code Editor. These existing IDE Bookmark features can be replaced with a flexible IDE Plugin Bookmarks 1.6.2. This post will help to understand more about this plugin. This is applicable for Delphi/C++ Builder.
Overview of the BookMark1.6.2
As we know existing IDE Code editor has a bookmark feature, where a user can book mark up to 10 bookmarks and easily navigate to the code. This same feature is Replaced with an elegant Bookmark Icon and with some more shortcuts like auto numbering the Bookmark by short cut key (ctrl+B). Jump between the markers quickly by pressing (ctrl+ Alt+ Left or Right Arrow) keys. Never overwrite an existing bookmark accidentally.
How to install:
You can easily install this IDE Plugin from GetIt Package Manager. The steps are as follows.
- Navigate In RAD Studio IDE->Tools->GetIt Package Manager->select IDE Plugins in Categories-> BookMarks 1.6.2 by Embercadero Technologies and click Install Button.
- Read the license and Click Agree All. An Information dialog saying ‘Requires a restart of RAD studio at the end of the process. Do you want to proceed? click yes and continue.
- It will download the plugin and installs it. Once installed Click Restart now.
How to use:
- Open some projects in the IDE, place the cursor in some lines, and press Ctrl+B. A Bookmark Icon Popped with a Number and placed a marker. Like this, you can create 10 bookmarks. Beyond 10 Bookmarks it is marked as # instead of a number.
- You can press Ctrl + 1, Navigate to the first bookmark, press Ctrl + 2, and so on. For the 10th Bookmark, it is represented as 0 and the shortcut key is Ctrl+0. Beyond 10 Bookmarks, it can be marked as #.
- Jump between the BookMarks quickly with Ctrl+Alt+Left or Right Arrow.
- You can view/add/clear the bookmarks by clicking Menu View->Editor->BookMarks.
Be sure to check out all the available sample applications here!