In this CodeRage session, Jim McKeeth, Ian Barker, and Frank Lauter they discuss the benefits of FireMonkey on Linux and all the exciting things FMXLinux can do for your projects.
FireMonkey for Linux, also known as FMXLinux, is an add-on component provided to Delphi and RAD Studio Enterprise and Architect edition customers via an exclusive OEM agreement with FMXLinux.
FMXLinux provides capabilities for building GUI applications for Linux, extending RAD Studio’s (Delphi Edition) FireMonkey cross-platform framework.
Starting with 10.3.1, the FireMonkey for Linux (FMX) client add-on is available for Delphi and RAD Studio Enterprise customers that are current on Update Subscription via the RAD Studio GetIt Package Manager in the IDE.
Features of the FMXLinux:
- Create GUI applications for Linux
- Create Server Applications
- Ready to use interface styles
- Utilize the best components from FireMonkey
- Ability to use LiveBindings easily
- WebKitGTK support to run an FMXLinux application as an HTML5 web application in the browser
Be sure to check out the whole CodeRage session to see a complex application in action.