Hello C++ Developers,
In an earlier article we covered at least 5 easy things to learn about C++ software where we focused on how to iterate and manipulate strings in C++ in various ways. Today we have some more new topics about strings to help reinforce that knowledge. We will learn more string operations working on things as basic_string as well as std::u16string and std::u32string types. We will explain how we can use iterators of string in C++ with some great examples. We have great app design tips for the developers, focused to alignment of UI elements. In the final post, we teach how to extract file extensions from a string, mostly a Unicode String in C++ Builder.
Table of Contents
C++ Software developers can learn C++ at LearnCplusPlus.org
LearnCPlusPlus.org is packed full of great articles for professionals and beginners alike. The posts vary from articles suitable for people who are just starting to learn C++ – basics like string handling, pointers, loops, and all those fundamental building blocks of this rich and powerful programming language – to much more in-depth and advanced subjects like artificial neural networks and AI, along with the math behind it. Our focus is on the C++ language, particularly modern C++, and will work with almost any environment and C++ IDE you can choose although, of course, we believe RAD Studio C++ Builder is the best option!
If you are new to RAD Studio, we think these posts may help you as much as a rapid introduction to programming in C++, all the way to the most robust, modern, and latest techniques for those more experienced with the language. For those who are perhaps wanting to expand their knowledge with the most up-to-date features, routines, and methodologies this is a great little boost (pun intended) to your C++ knowledge. The new RAD Studio 11, C++ Builder 11, Delphi 11 are released with great new features and we are developing and testing new examples for you with the latest RADS 11 that means.LearnCPlusPlus.org examples are working well with the latest C++ Builder.
You can see more of our C++ posts on this blog by clicking the following dynamic search link: https://blogs.embarcadero.com/?s=C%2B%2B
Here are today’s selections:
How to learn about the amazing string operations available in Modern C++
These posts are designed to give you more information and to be easy to understand the modern and professional ways that we use in C++. Here are the topics,
- How To Use std::u16string In A Modern C++ App
- This Is How To Use std::u32string In C++ Software
- Using Iterators of String in C++ Software
- The Top 5 UI Design Alignment Tips For Your C++ App
- This Is How To Extract A File Extension in A Windows C++ App
Which questions do we answer about basic_string and more?
These are the questions that we answer in this collection:
- What is u16string in modern C++?
- How can I use u16string in a C++ app?
- Is std::u16string same as std::string?
- Why I have an error when I define a std::u16string?
- Which literal should I use with the std::u16string?
- What is u32string in modern C++?
- How can I use u32string in C++ software?
- Is std::u32string same as std::string?
- Why do I have an error when I define a std::u32string?
- Which literal should I use with the std::u32string?
- How can I use Iterator methods of strings in my C++ software apps?
- What kind of iterator methods I can use with a std::string?
- How can I use begin(), end() iterator methods with strings? the at() method of strings?
- Can I use front() and back() methods in std::string to access characters?
- What is align?
- How to use align?
- I have a project; how can I design UI zones in my C++ app?
- How to design a C++ app compatible with multi-platform layouts?
- How can I design for landscape and portrait apps with one form design?
- What does the ExtractFileExt method do?
- Is there a simple example about ExtractFileExt?
Our post picks about basic_string and more
C++ Builder can supply all the answers to those questions above and the posts include some very simple step-by-step examples to show you how.
This article selects just some of the recent posts to give you a flavor; a sampling platter, if you like, of the feast of C++ knowledge which awaits you, so come on over the LearnCplusPlus.org and take a look.
We keep adding new topics about C++ in general and specific topics for C++ Builder, Dev-C++, and for the other C++ compilers. Please follow our LearnCPlusPlus.org website for the latest posts and updates. Feel free to comment and share with your colleagues, students, members – knowledge is power, and knowledge shared is empowering.
We wish you happy week, happy coding!
C++ Builder is the easiest and fastest C and C++ IDE for building simple or professional applications on the Windows, MacOS, iOS & Android operating systems. It is also easy for beginners to learn with its wide range of samples, tutorials, help files, and LSP support for code. RAD Studio’s C++ Builder version comes with the award-winning VCL framework for high-performance native Windows apps and the powerful FireMonkey (FMX) framework for cross-platform UIs.
There is a free C++ Builder Community Edition for students, beginners, and startups; it can be downloaded from here. For professional developers, there are Professional, Architect, or Enterprise versions of C++ Builder and there is a trial version you can download from here.
Design. Code. Compile. Deploy.
Start Free Trial Upgrade Today
Free Delphi Community Edition Free C++Builder Community Edition