My "RAD in Action: Build Modern Apps with Enterprise Mobility Services" webinar is happening right now. During my 50 minutes session I’m demonstrating using DataSnap framework for building multi-tier database application with FireDAC JSON Reflection framework. That’s very powerful and very easy to code.
During the demo I have illustrated the following best practices:
- InterBase „EMPLOYEE” sample database
- FireDAC database access components
- DataSnap server deployed to a web server
- Secure HTTPS communication
- Role-based Authentication and Authorization
- DataSnap REST Client Module and Proxies
- FireDAC In-Memory Database Tables
- Visual LiveBindings for connecting UI to data
- FireMonkey Mobile iOS/Android Client
During the session I have promised to make the source code of the demo available, so here it is! I have uploaded "Customers" demo source code to Code Central here: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29916.