In this webinar, learn how to access all the APIs on Windows 10 from RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder.
Table of Contents
- Traditional Core APIs
- Shell Integration
- and more
Windows API Evolution Over Time
- Classic API
- 1985 (Win1)
- Win16 -> Win32 -> Win32(w/Unicode) -> Win64
- COM, OLE Automation, Shell, etc
- 1995 (Win95)
- 2012 (Win8)
Classic Windows API
- Kernel, User, GDI
- Delphi bindings for the Windows API (C language API)
- Load time linking vs. dynamic invocation vs. delay loading
- Message handling
- Delphi TWinControl
- Wraps Windows handles, CreateWindows, API calls
- Used for platform controls and custom controls
- Used for form
- The entire VCL library wraps Windows APIs, plus some native concepts
- Component inheritance, actions, visual form inheritance, frames, styling, component messages, delayed creation, handle re-creation
Be sure to check out the whole session to learn about COM, Interfaces, Shell integration concepts, and modern WinRT. Moreover, TaskBar and JumpList components in action.
Learn more about the Delphi VCL and Windows development in the Embarcadero DocWiki.
Design. Code. Compile. Deploy.
Start Free Trial Upgrade Today
Free Delphi Community Edition Free C++Builder Community Edition