When Google introduced Android 8 this summer, they increased platform security but happened to block socket access to the debugger, basically preventing debugging applications on a device. You’d see the error message “Can’t open socket: Permission denied.” as reported also at https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-18992. The issue was not a change in our debugger support, but a problem at the operating system level. You can read some of the discussion here: https://github.com/android-ndk/ndk/issues/447
Now the good news is Google has fixed the issue (as indicated in the thread above). We tested it on previews and it seemed fine. Now Google has shipped Android Oreo 8.1, I for it for my Nexus 5X device this morning, installed it, and I can now debug a Delphi application as usual. I captured an image of the program stopped at a breakpoint below.
This has nothing to do with 10.2.2 because the change was only on the Android side, not the RAD Studio side. We fixed the display of the device name as target on our end, but that wasn’t a big deal in the first place.