PS Hash is a program that calculates checksums and hashes of files and given text and it is developed in Delphi. According to the developer, “The program supports 30 hashing algorithms, among others MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, the SHA-3 algorithm family. To facilitate the use of the program, the interface has been divided into thematic modules displayed on separate tabs.”
- File – The first module – File – allows you to calculate checksums of any files. The controls displaying the calculated values have been divided into groups and placed on collapsible panels. Each algorithm can be freely activated / deactivated, depending on the needs.
- Log – The calculated checksums and hash functions values are automatically saved in the table in the second module – Log. This table allows you to view all previously calculated values, filter data based on specific criteria, sort, move rows and columns, delete unneeded data, as well as copy information to the clipboard and save to a text file.
- Compare – The third program module is used to compare the selected file with other files or a previously calculated checksum / hash. If you have a checksum and you don’t know which function was used to calculate it, the program can detect the used algorithm based on the length of the given checksum / hash.
- Verification – The fourth module of the program – Verify – is used to verify data on the basis of previously prepared special text files containing lists of file names and related checksum / hash values. Such files usually have the extensions .sfv, .md5, .sha1, .sha256. PS Hash is compatible with programs generating such files included in the GNU Coreutils package, commonly used on Unix / Linux systems. In addition to verification, PS Hash also allows you to generate such files.
- Text – The last of the modules is used to calculate checksums of the given text. The user can set the method of the text encoding from the list containing about 150 code pages.