To me the biggest news is to have Marco Cantù appointed as the new Delphi Product Manager! Welcome to The Team!
In a moment my "Building Scalable Multitier Systems with DataSnap XE3" starts. It is prerecorded and I have promised to put the link to source code of all demos presented on my blog, which means here!
All demos of my CodeRage7 DataSnap session are available for download from Embarcadero CodeCentral.
There are five demos in the download. Every demo is a project group made of a server and a client project. All demos are using TCP/IP as the communication protocol and the client is a Delphi FireMonkey HD application.
- DataSnap XE3 "HelloWorld" is the first demo and shows how to get started with DataSnap wizards
- "Server Methods Lifecycle" comes next - the understanding of different lifecycle options for server methods instances is critical for scalability with DataSnap architecture
- "MultitierDB" demo shows how to create a multitier application for working with data from an arbitrary database table and is using DBExpress on the server side and Visual LiveBindings at the client
- "SimpleNotifications" demo shows how to get started with using DataSnap callbacks
- "RoleBasedSecurity" demo is the last demo. It shows how to implement role-based security in DataSnap and how to practically deploy your DataSnap server into the AWS EC2 cloud.