Man! That was a LOT of work to get this finished. I am especially happy with three new video episodes that I have recorded and uploaded to youtube that shows how you can: use jQueryMobile in Delphi code, add DataSnap server connectivity and generate dynamic, data-driven jQueryMobile web pages dynamically.
In this Delphi Labs DataSnap tutorial I am demonstrating practical steps for building jQueryMobile web frontend application for displaying InterBase XE “Employees” database data from a standalone Delphi DataSnap server. The system described is based on the "Delphi WebBroker jQueryMobile Boilerplate" project described in the previous Delphi Labs tutorial.
The idea of the system is simple. Scalable, multitier super performant Delphi servers running in the cloud and accessed via mobile devices:-)
I have uploaded the resulting application to Amazon EC2 cloud, so you can check it out online at http://188.8.131.52:8080/. I do not guarantee that this URL will work forever though;-)
Here are some screenshots from the resulting application running in my desktop Chrome browser:
"Delphi Labs: DataSnap XE - jQueryMobile Web Frontend"
- live demo page: http://184.108.40.206:8080/
- article: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41324
- source code: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28255
- video (part 1/3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-4L91rGys
- video (part 2/3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfh2L8X-H4
- video (part 3/3): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtQz4XCeAIc
BTW: All Delphi Labs episodes are available at the http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-in-action/delphi-labs home page!