In few hours I’m going to do a free live webinar "Globalise your Delphi applications" (June 16, 2009 4:00 PM CEST). Please go ahead and register here (BTW: Two hours later there is a very interesting "InterBase - The Vault" webinar by Daniel Magin on InterBase SMP 2009 new security features (June 16, 6:00 PM CEST)).
During "Globalise your Delphi applications" webinar I’m going to discuss what is Unicode, new UnicodeString type added in Delphi 2009 to the compiler, new "Character" unit with Unicode support routines, new "TEncoding" class and enhanced Translation Manager and Translation Repository for localization of VCL Forms and resourcestrings.
- EDN Whitepaper: "Delphi and Unicode" by Marco Cantu
- Joel on Software: "The Absolute Minimum Every Software Developer Absolutely, Positively Must Know About Unicode and Character Sets (No Excuses!)" by Joel Spolsky
- Webinar Replay: "Get off your ASCII and expand your business to global markets using Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009" with Nick Hodges and MasahiroArai
- EDN Article: "Delphi in a Unicode World Part I: What is Unicode, Why do you need it, and How do you work with it in Delphi?" by Nick Hodges
- EDN Article: "Delphi in a Unicode World Part II: New RTL Features and Classes to Support Unicode" by Nick Hodges
- EDN Article: "Delphi in a Unicode World Part III: Unicodifying Your Code" by Nick Hodges
- Dr. Bob Examines… #107 "Delphi 2009 Unicode" by Bob Swart
@me few hours later…