- Delphi Prism 2011 is now available for purchase. There are some very cool features in it, the biggest of which is integration into Visual Studio 2010 and complete support for the .Net 4.0 framework. It also includes CodeSite Delphi Prism Edition, which gives you an amazing view into your code. And here is another cool thing: Buy RAD Studio 2010 and get a free upgrade to Delphi Prism 2011.
- Delphi Programming is now at #9 with two up green arrows, and Objective-C has shot like a bullet into the Top 10.
- I think some of you have been hearing about the Tool Cloud. We have a web page that talks about it, including some PDF’s for your reading pleasure. Delphi and RAD Studio are going to become part of the Tool Cloud in the coming releases, and so you might want to check it out. Let me clear, though, that if you aren’t interested in the Tool Cloud, you don’t have to participate. You’ll still be able to get your Delphi like you always have. But if you are interested in the Tool Cloud for RAD Studio, there is a lot of interesting stuff going on there.
- Have you signed up for Delphi Live yet? We are looking forward to seeing you there.
- More good stuff from Marco about the under-appreciated (and under-utilized, even by us) Help Insight feature. For the record, I have provided copious Help Insight comments for TSmiley. I actually found it rather fun to write the comments, and I personally don’t mind them in the code and don’t view them as “clutter”. A cool IDE feature would be to “auto hide all XMLDoc comments” or something like that.