- As you may know, we are moving to a new office very nearby where we are now. We got to visit the new digs today. Friday is moving day, and we’ll be in the new place for a great new start on Monday morning. I’m excited – I think that the move will be a great fresh start for us in a new place. We’ll be moving from offices to cubes, so that will be a bit of a culture shift and an adjustment, but it should be great. Pursuant to the move, of course, we have been and will be migrating servers to our new location. So if things aren’t working 100% correctly, give it a bit and try again. If things are persistently not working, then let us know. Our IT team is working very hard to make sure that the migration goes smoothly, but there will inevitably be hiccups along the way. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
- From time to time, people ask how to make a deep copy of an existing instance of a class. Well, using the new, super cool RTTI, Alex is on the case.
- Our Haiti Auction got written up in the San Jose Mercury News. Nice!
- New Delphi site offering specials on Delphi components: http://www.delphiday.com/
- One of the best parts about Delphi is the awesome community, and one of the best parts of the community is the JEDI team. These guys are awesome, and provide and an incredible amount of value to all of us. They had some newsgroups at forums.talko.net that have apparently stopped working. As a result, they have a new server at news.delphi-jedi.org where you can point your NNTP newsreader on port 119.