Wow – I think that my TurboPower blog post has generated more comments than any has in a while. The response has been gratifyingly positive. There have been a couple of issues and questions raised, so I’ll make a few further points:
- Okay, first things first: Is it Turbopower or TurboPower?
- Please go to this one question survey and tell me what you think are the five most important projects in the list.
- I want to be clear that this isn’t an “official” Embarcadero project. I’m doing stuff “on company time” and off, but this is strictly a community project. We Embarcadero folks are delighted that this code is “coming back to life”, but this is a more of a “Delphi Community” thing than anything else.
- I’m going to be, for a very large degree, simply try to be a manager here. I’m probably not going to do a lot of coding, but instead will be counting on you guys to do most of the development here. I’m going to view my role here as a facilitator, cheerleader, and “Making Things Happen” type guy.
- I’m not really up on how SourceForge works, so that will be my initial focus here – finding out what you can do on SourceForge and getting things updated.
- I’m going to focus on getting these projects working for the post-Unicode world. If the community wants to keep them working for the pre-Unicode world, that is great, and I’ll fully support that. But the focus of my efforts will be on getting the projects working for current versions. I know that this won’t make everyone happy, but given limited resources and focus, that seems like the obvious choice.