Okay, I told the team that if we didn’t ship this thing today, I was going to throw myself off the third story balcony. Fortunately, my teammates like me just enough to want to prevent that from happening, and now Update 3/4 is out. Update 3 is for the IDE/VCL/general product updates, and Update 4 is the Database side of that.
If you have Check for Updates on automatically, then you should see it the next time you start the IDE. If you need to do it manually, you can find “Check for Updates” in the RAD Studio Start menu.
If you want to download the whole thing, you can at the Registered Users page.
Here are the readme files:
- English Readme: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39390/
- French Readme: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39594/
- German Readme: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39593/
- Japanese Readme: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39592/
The list of bugs fixed in these updates can be found here:
- List of Bug Fixes in Update 3 for Delphi 2009: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39387/
- List of Bug Fixes in Update 3 for C++Builder 2009: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39386/
- List of Bug Fixes in Update 4 (Database Pack) for Delphi and C++Builder 2009: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39392/
Now, the first question that a lot of you are going to ask is “Why the delay"?” – and unfortunately I’m not at liberty to tell you. Suffice it to say that it was a frustrating but necessary set of related issues that held us back. But it is here now, so you can all enjoy it.