Appmethod sites - information, support, code snippets and more

If you want to "Build Fast Apps Fast" for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac, check out all of the Appmethod information that is available online. Here are some links to information about Appmethod, links to get the trial, support information, our new public facing bug tracking system, code snippets, community site, web forums and more.

Articles about Appmethod

Build Fast Apps Fast - get started today!

Get Started for Free - no credit card required - sign up using Facebook, Google + or your email address - http://www.appmethod.com/

Buy Appmethod - https://store.embarcadero.com/542/purl-appmethod

1. Shane | March 18, 2014 at 11:34 am | Permalink

LOL! Sorry, but all see is Delphi XE-5 with the VCL ripped out, and a new fancy splash screen. The price is rediculous

2. davidi | March 18, 2014 at 11:58 am | Permalink

Shane - saw that you also posted on the new Community 3.0 forums. Here is what I typed over there:

Focus is on building multi-device apps. Some developers may decide to only use Appmethod to build mobile apps. Not sure what your definition (or spelling) of "rediculous" is. Pricing is clearly posted on the pricing page at http://www.appmethod.com/pricing

Thinking about the price a little more - if a developer wanted to use one project/source code to build iOS and Android apps - the price would be lower than our other products. But, I am not a pricing calculator or specialist and am not sure what you are referring (or comparing) to. You can do the math or go to the "Buy Appmethod" store and select the platforms and it will do the addition(s) for you - store.embarcadero.com/542/purl-appmethod

3. Andre | March 18, 2014 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Its interesting tosee that Embarcadero already prepared the JIRA website for AppMethod and still not for Delphi. It appears that old Delphi users are not Embarcadero’s priority.

4. davidi | March 18, 2014 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Andre - you and others always think that we choose one product over another. In the case of new infrastructure capabilities - like the new community site and public facing Jira we made the decision to start with Appmethod as it ramps up customers so we can track any issues. We will turn both systems on for our other products at a good time.

Doesn’t everyone get tired of reading some developers say over an over again "appears that old Delphi users are not Embarcadero’s priority" yet if you look at everything in a longer time horizon (for me 28+ years) you see that we do continue to work on all products and support all customers.

5. Andre | March 18, 2014 at 11:19 pm | Permalink

Really funny. You hear some developers "over and over again" complain about the way Embarcadero is dealing with Delphi and old Delphi developers, and you probably believe that those old developers have no reason to complain? …"Continue to work on all products"? I don’t need to mention the dead products from the time of Borland till Embarcadero, or? "…support all customers"? I also see "over and over again" people complaining everywhere that bugs are not fixed after many new releases and so on…
    People expected a descent bug tracking system like JIRA for years and of course, Embarcadero focusing at new customers.
    It’s really sad that nobody from Embarcadero see that Delphi today is very far to be a top development tool. In my opinion it really was MANY years ago. Anyway, it makes no sense to make comments here. I’m just another old delphi developer frustrated after spending MANY years of my time and investing my money with trainings and licenses seeing delphi community shrink every year. I use Delphi from version 1 and as a loyal customer I have the right to be unhappy with Embarcadero.
    IMO this AppMethod only shows that even Embarcadero is loosing hope at Delphi, otherwise why rebranding a ripped Delphi with a new name? Because is desperate trying to get new customers and don’t want to link to Delphi where people complain about FireMonkey. It could be easily a Delphi FE1 (FireMonkey Edition)? Or because FireMonkey was a bad name from day one?

6. David Intersimone | March 19, 2014 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Andre - I am happy to get feedback about our products, about bugs, feature requests and more. Quality Central has been our system for years now and we have been working to move to a public facing Jira solution to replace QC (we have been using Jira internally for a few years now). It is a good thing to have Jira starting to be opened up for our customers. We’ve chosen to start with Appmethod so that we can have this as a public test for one product to begin. We will add all products to the public Jira in the future and we will make sure that all customer reports are migrated from the QC system before we set QC read only, set up redirect of QC to public Jira and then eventually retire it.

My comment before was specific to those customers who continue to equate anything that we do to us not caring about Delphi - yet we continue to invest a lot in Delphi. At the same time, I can understand some frustrations developers have and can only offer my support to you and let you know that I speak up inside our company as an executive, employee and developer. I am also a loyal user of Delphi since Turbo Pascal version 1.0.

It’s okay to give your opinions about what we may or may not be doing. I can tell you that making any relationship between Appmethod release and us not caring about Delphi is totally off base. We have not rebranded Delphi. We have created a new brand name for Appmethod. Delphi continues to get everything we have both for Windows/VCL and for multi-device. You will see in future releases of Delphi this to be true. The March 2014 Roadmap gives you a lot of points about where we are taking Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio in the future.

7. Jose Luis | March 19, 2014 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Almost a year ago for delphi android was presented.
    I see C + + Builder remains the great forgotten.
    Now AppMethods but when android and with C + + Builder?
    In the coming months, and spends a year, those who can not wait, change to Xamarin.
    Excuse my English, I use google translator.

8. davidi | March 19, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Jose - C++Builder is not forgotten. We released C++Builder support for iOS in December and are working on C++ for Android support. Stay tuned for additional information. For now, you can get started with C++Builder XE5 update 2.

9. Eko Satrio | March 19, 2014 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

I think this App Development is very good as the good approach for Start Up of Software Developer since they can invest per year. I hope we can see this product as the solution.

I think Delphi more better when it released, but I hope Embarcadero more and more focus to fix the bugs in order to keep good issues. I’m not comfortable when reading bad issues about Delphi like Delphi is not priority, Delphi has not supported a, b, c, d, etc…

I just hope Embarcadero can make Delphi more stronger with it’s new features, don’t deliver the new features when has so many bugs, except ready to deliver the bug fixed as soon as possible.

No matter what issues They are talking about Delphi, There is always room for me for Delphi since Delphi is my Powerful Application Development to create Mobile and Desktop Application.

Once again, please see AppMethod as the solution and make sure to yourself you can produce innovative application as your best product line, so it’s more important to be focused to get market more and we can always use new technology from Embarcadero.

Long Live Delphi !!!
    Long Live AppMethod !!!

Regards,

Eko Satrio (Eko Indriyawan)

10. markus_ja | March 19, 2014 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

It’s sad that you can no longer use Appmethod after the subscription has experied.

For me, that is a no go, and won’t invest money in such a product.

"1. Will the product stop working after 1 year, if subscription is not renewed?

Yes. The IDE will no longer run after the subscription expires unless you renew. Your deployments will continue to work.
    "

11. davidi | March 20, 2014 at 5:42 am | Permalink

Markus: if you contact our sales office or reseller partners, they can also work with you on a perpetual license price depending on the Appmethod pieces/parts/platforms/services/scale you require.

12. Michael S. | March 26, 2014 at 6:56 am | Permalink

For me, the only disheatening thing about Delphi is the lack of published information about future IDE development, other than a few recently posted roadmap bullet points. Many other IDE vendors routinely provide information about upcoming features and functionality. Even with active SA for Delphi Pro I have no idea when XE6 will appear or what definite improvements will come with it.

13. Jose Luis | April 16, 2014 at 8:32 am | Permalink

This version has finally xe6 news.
    I’ve completed the purchase order in my country.
    A greeting.
    Excuse my English, I use google translator.

{ 1 } Trackback

1. Flotsam and Jetsam #82 | March 18, 2014 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

[...] In other words, it is a new aimed squarely at new customers and not “us”.  Anyway, David I has a bunch of links on his blog, including a bunch of nice press coverage.  This new offering appears to me to be aimed [...]