While I have been off for a few days, I’ve been catching up on developer news, blog posts and articles that have been appearing around the world. I also expect a lot of additional news appearing next week at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada, US. Here are just a few of the hundreds of articles that caught my interest.
- Tools I use for working on Castalia - http://delphiblog.twodesk.com/tools-i-use-for-working-in-delphi
- Code.org’s hour of code - 21 million students and counting - http://code.org/leaderboards, http://venturebeat.com/2013/12/16/code-org-students-wrote-500000000-lines-of-code-in-a-single-week/
- Why the iOS app security fears may be missing the mark - http://www.developer-tech.com/news/2013/dec/09/why-ios-app-security-fears-may-be-missing-mark/
- Mobile Health Market Driven by Smartphone, Tablet Adoption - http://www.eweek.com/mobile/mobile-health-market-driven-by-smartphone-tablet-adoption.html
- A 9-Step New Year’s Data Detox - http://subzeroblog.acronis.com/posts/9-step-new-years-data-detox
- Wearables, smart houses, smart cars - the next frontier of app development - http://www.developer-tech.com/blog-hub/2013/nov/27/app-development-the-next-frontier/
- 10 things you don’t need to worry about in 2014 - http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/10-things-you-dont-need-worry-about-in-2014-232896
- Top 10 Web Outages of 2013 - http://blog.smartbear.com/performance/top-10-web-outages-of-2013/
- Should everyone learn how to code? - http://www.infoworld.com/t/application-development/should-everyone-learn-how-code-233038
- Android developers, prepare for fine-grained user permissions - http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/software-engineer/android-developers-get-ready-for-fine-grained-user-permissions/
- Principles of good RESTful API Design - http://codeplanet.io/principles-good-restful-api-design/
What developer articles have piqued your interest in recent weeks? Post a comment with the link to cool developer articles. I can’t wait to read more.