The ISO C++ standard continues to move forward to match the demands of C++ applications and systems. The ISO C++ committee continues its work on the 2014 language minor update and the march to 2017’s major update. The C++ 2014 CD ("committee draft") has been released. The current ISO C++ status can be found at http://isocpp.org/std/status. You can download the October 10, 2013 working draft C++ programming language standard at http://isocpp.org/files/papers/N3797.pdf. Below you will find a few recent and upcoming C++ happenings! 2014’s going to be a great year for C++.
Bjarne and Herb together for 2 deep C++ days in San Jose - you won’t want to miss it!
- Super C++ Tutorial: Stroustrup & Sutter on C++ - During EE Live!
- Spend two days, March 31 - April 1, 2014, with Bjarne and Herb in San Jose, CA, USA.
Michael Wong’s Sept 2013 C++ committee meeting report (two parts)
Never been to an ISO C++ committee meeting? Michael Wong’s has written a two part blog post reporting from the September 2013 C++ standards meeting.
- Part 1: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/5894415f-be62-4bc0-81c5-3956e82276f3/entry/the_view_form_the_c_standard_meeting_september_2013_part_1?lang=en
- Part 2: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/5894415f-be62-4bc0-81c5-3956e82276f3/entry/the_view_from_the_c_standard_meeting_september_2013_part_2?lang=en
The WG21 Committee
Meet some of the members, learn about the working groups and sub-groups and see how they are structured at:
Stroustrup’s C++ Programming Language 4th Edition and C++ Tour books
In 2013 Bjarne released two C++11 books. Released in May, the long awaited update of his C++ Programming Language book arrived along with a book version of his Tour of C++:
- The C++ Programming Language, 4th Edition - http://www.amazon.com/The-Programming-Language-4th-Edition/dp/0321563840
- A Tour of C++ (C++ In-Depth Series) - http://www.amazon.com/Tour-In-Depth-Series-Bjarne-Stroustrup/dp/0321958314
C++ future and the pointer by Jens Weller
Jens Weller writes about the pointer, smart pointers and the need (or no need) for pointers in his article at http://www.meetingcpp.com/index.php/br/items/cpp-future-and-the-pointer.html
Scott Meyers’ C++ presentation materials now available in book form
Scott Meyers, C++ trainer, consultant, author and presenter has taken his C++ presentation materials and added tons of annotations to create (in PDF form) a valuable C++ learning resource. Find out more about the presentation materials, Scott’s course and how to purchase the PDF file at http://www.artima.com/shop/overview_of_the_new_cpp.
Embarcadero Technologies CodeRage 8 C++ Conference, February 25-26, 2014
Join Embarcadero and software development C++ experts from around the world at the CodeRage 8 C++ live online virtual conference. Save the Date: CodeRage C++ is coming February 25-26, 2014!
- Start your FREE registration now! Registration hasn’t opened yet, but you can pre-register now and we’ll email you a reminder with a pre-filled form to submit and get the login info. Pre-Register Now
- Interested in presenting? You can share your knowledge of mobile development, C++ programming tips, and software development best practices with thousands of your peers. Call for Papers
CodeRage 8 C++ Conference topics will include:
- Multi-device development for Windows, Mac and mobile
- Tips, tricks and techniques for VCL and the FM platform
- FireDAC data connectivity
- Making the move to mobile
- Platform APIs and platform services
- Hardware devices and sensors
- Connecting to databases from desktop and mobile devices
- Multi-tier application development with DataSnap, InterBase and REST
- Development best practices
- Optimizing mobile user experience
- Success stories
- … and much more!