Happy New Year! Last year we delivered more new platform, language, component and library support than we ever had before. We had our largest CodeRage Delphi conference ever. We visited more cities and developers than ever before. The momentum continues into 2014 with more platforms, more technology and more improvements in our Delphi, C++Builder, RAD Studio and InterBase products for Windows, OSX, iOS and Android. Buckle up and join the wild ride into the future of native code software development tools!
2013 Product Innovations (just to name a few)
- Delphi ARM compiler for iOS
- Delphi ARM compiler for Android
- C++Builder ARM compiler for iOS
- FireDAC database components for VCL and FM apps on all platforms
- REST Client Library components for your Delphi and C++Builder VCL and FM apps
- FM enhancements for all platforms including the new TListView component
- IBLite and IBToGo - InterBase XE3 on mobile platforms - full ANSI SQL-92 database on your devices
- IDE "Start Here" welcome pages with videos, tutorials and project links
- Enhancements and quality improvements for VCL, FM and RTL
- and a whole lot more!
RAD in Action webinars and content
RAD in Action monthly webinars took place to expand your skills and app development possibilities. Each topic was presented by an expert developer and includes a webinar replay, white paper, examples and videos.
- Embrace and Extend - Connect your infrastructure to mobile
- No app is an island - Universal Enterprise database connectivity
- Seeing is Believing - Data Visualization in multi-device apps
- Step up to the Multi-Device Application Platform
- FM in Action - Ready for Multi-Platform Business
- Welcome to the Future - True Native multi-device applications for iOS and Android
Find all of the resources you need on our RAD in Action page at https://www.embarcadero.com/rad-in-action.
We are putting together the monthly themes and content for 2014. We start off the new year on January 22 with
Making the Connection - Programming Devices and Gadgets with Delphi and C++Builder VCL and FM apps with Jim McKeeth and David Intersimone "David I"
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
6AM San Francisco / 9AM New York / 2PM London / 3PM Milan
11AM San Francisco / 2PM New York / 7PM London / 8PM Milan
5PM San Francisco / 23-Jan 10AM Tokyo / 23-Jan 12PM Sydney
CodeRage 8 C++ Conference - February 25-26, 2014
Join Embarcadero and software development C++ experts from around the world at the CodeRage 8 C++ conference. Save the Date: CodeRage C++ is coming February 25-26, 2014!
- Start your FREE registration now! Registration hasn’t opened yet, but you can pre-register now and we’ll email you a reminder with a pre-filled form to submit and get the login info. Pre-Register Now
- Interested in presenting? You can share your knowledge of mobile development, C++ programming tips, and software development best practices with thousands of your peers. Call for Papers
R&D is working on the platforms, capabilities, technologies and improvements you are requesting
We work in an industry that is moving forward at light speed. Our company continues to invest in the developer tools so that we can not only continue to improve our existing products, we can also add new features and products to help all developers who care about desktops, servers, clouds, devices, gadgets and services.
Some of the 2013 tech innovations and trends we are fully on top of included:
- The UI goes "flat" - the iOS 7 and Windows 8 looks are here to stay, and you have access to all of it today in RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder
- Google Glass, Pebble and other Wearable Devices - Jim McKeeth, David I and others have shown everyone how to develop for these new devices and gadgets. Come to our webinar on January 22, 2014 to see more. Jim McKeeth is a speaker at the Wearables DevCon 2014 in San Francisco in March. His talks will be "Is Thought the Future of Wearable Input?" and "Native App Development on Google Glass". Philippe Kahn, CEO of FullPower Technologies, will also be a keynote speaker at Wearables DevCon 2014.
- Your smartphone replaces your camera - with Delphi and C++Builder you can create smartphone and desktop camera apps using just a couple of lines of code.
- Alternate interface devices - using gestures and motion sensing interfaces you can create even more emmersive applications. Stuart Simon started things with his TKinect component a couple of years ago. Now these devices are starting to reach beyond gaming consoles. Again, come to our Devices and Gadgets webinar on January 22 to see how you can easily integrate these devices into your Delphi and C++Builder applications.
- Cloud and Back End as a Service architectures reach out and integrate into all business applications - what started as platform hosting has become the next generation of multi-tier architectures and business services. Our support for Cloud APIs and also the new REST Client Library components get you there faster with little coding required.
Much More to Come in 2014
In 2013 we saw many new industry innovations and there is no sign of things slowing down, so we won’t slow down either! We love all your suggestions, feedback, emails, blog posts and comments. It would be very quiet in our world if you stopped talking to us and about us. I love it all and you all.
The team is working on new enhancements for the VCL, FM, Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, DataSnap along with a bunch of additional surprises. We will also have many more opportunities to interact this year in person and online. See you soon!
Happy New Year!