RAD Studio XE3 allows you to implement the Windows 8 style in your VCL and FireMonkey Delphi and C++Builder applications using the new Metropolis UI style. Windows 8 Metropolis UI applications do not use a persistent menu bar at the top of the application window. Instead, Metropolis UI applications use a touch control called an AppBar. An AppBar can appear at the bottom of the screen, the top of the screen, or both. AppBars are normally not visible, but become visible in response to gestures, mouse clicks or the press of a command key. AppBars can also be made visible programmatically. When both top and bottom AppBars are used, they are typically both made visible at the same time. This quick video will show you how to create and customize a Metropolis application bar.
Additional information is available on the Embarcadero DocWiki using the following URLs:
- Developing Metropolis UI applications - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Developing_Metropolis_UI_Applications
- Creating a Metropolis UI Application Bar - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Creating_a_Metropolis_UI_Application_Bar
- VCL Metropolis UI application wizard - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/VCL_Metropolis_UI_Application
- FireMonkey Metropolis UI application wizard - http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/FireMonkey_Metropolis_UI_Application
- Microsoft MSDN Windows 8 using the app bar - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh761499.aspx#appbar
October 29 - Creating a Metropolis UI App Bar in VCL and FMX apps
Watch on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMfPcZAbfRw
Duration: 4 minutes and 16 seconds
Thank you Viacheslav and Darren, team members in Russia and Scotts Valley, for your help showing me how to use the new TPlatformServices in FM2.
For additional product information go to http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio