There are loads of new and enhanced features in Delphi XE2, C++Builder XE2, RadPHP XE2, Embarcadero Prism XE2, and RAD Studio XE2. You can see all of them in the RAD Studio XE2 Feature Matrix. Embarcadero’s global evangelism team has traveled hundreds of thousands of miles to visit with developers on every content except Antarctica (I will have to travel there to sell XE2 to the penguins and scientists next quarter) as part of our RAD Studio XE2 World Tour. The trial downloads have been available since the beginning of the month. You can upgrade and purchase new licenses from our reseller partners, online shop sites, and direct with the Embarcadero sales team. If you are still looking at XE2 and your hand or mouse is hovering over the "Buy Now" or your telephone, here are 11 (in the spirit of the guitar amplifier volume maximum setting in the movie "This is Spinal Tap") reasons why you should buy before the end of September!
- NEW! FireMonkey Business Application Platform: HD and 3D graphics for stunning UIs, multi-platform development on Windows, Mac and Mobile. CPU and GPU powered for maximum application performance.
- NEW! Delphi 64-bit compiler for Windows: easily recompile your existing Delphi 32-bit projects to take advantage of 64-bit Windows capabilities and large memory space. Your Delphi VCL, FireMonkey, Web Service, DataSnap, console, and Web applications will all work on versions of 64-bit Windows.
- NEW! Build Delphi and C++ applications for Mac OS X: cross compile, debug, and deploy Delphi and C++ console and FireMonkey applications for OS X that run on Snow Leopard and Lion operating system releases.
- NEW! Deployment Manager: the new Platform Assistant (replaces our previous remote debugger) allows you to build, debug, and deploy your applications from the IDE to remote Windows machines, Macintosh OS X computers, Amazon EC2 Windows instances, and Azure Windows instances.
- New! C++ static analysis audits: advanced source code audits including data analysis. Some of the audits include: Security (buffer overflows, out of bounds pointers, security API checks), Pointer Casts, Dead/Unreachable code, Switch statements without default case, divide by zero, etc.
- New! RadPHP mobile application development for iOS and Android: you can build mobile-optimized web applications (using JQueryMobile PHP components) that look and work great in all browsers. You can also turn your PHP apps into native mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- NEW! VCL Styles: Modernize your Delphi and C++ VCL applications using the new Style Engine support. We provide several style files and you can create your own custom styles. If you graphically or color challenged, there is a VCL Style designer application that you can give to a graphic designer so that they can create VCL style files for you.
- NEW! Access Delphi RTTI from C++: You can use enhanced RTTI in Delphi and leverage RTTI in your C++Builder applications.
- NEW! Cloud API and Storage support for Amazon and Azure: In XE you could access Azure Tables, Blobs, and Message Queues. In XE2 we now have one API to let you use storage in Amazon and Azure systems.
- NEW! Mobile connectors for your Delphi and DataSnap Servers: XE2 includes wizards and proxy writers that take your DataSnap Server methods and create mobile connectors source files you can include in your mobile applications. Connectors are available for Objective-C (iOS), Java (Blackberry), Java (Android), and C# (Windows Phone 7).
And the number 11 and most important reason to purchase before the end of September…
If you upgrade or purchase new licenses for RAD Studio XE2 by September 30 you will also receive:
- FastCube Embarcadero Edition - native code data analysis VCL components components for Delphi and C++Builder from FastReports Inc.
- Free Delphi Developer Certification Test (limited time offer)
- Update #1 - the first of our monthly updates for RAD Studio XE2, Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 to evolve and improve the new FireMonkey business application platform (fix list article).
- My personal thanks and my offer to help you in any way I can - just send an email to email@example.com
When you purchase XE2 you will see what tens of thousands of developers around the world have seen in person and are enjoying with their copies of the biggest and best RAD product release ever.