The open source, SourceForge community, has voted for the 4th annual community choice awards. The best open source project for enterprise was Firebird SQL. Some application developers and database professionals know that the genesis of Firebird is Embarcadero InterBase. In fact, if you look at the source code, you’ll see copyright notices that are also in Embarcadero Technologies‘ InterBase SMP SQL database. 185,000 votes were cast by community members.
Stay tuned to the Embarcadero Developer Network for news about our support for Firebird in future versions of all of our products. We look forward to a great future working closely with the Firebird community.
2009 Community Choice Awards winners:
- Best Commercial Open Source Project: PortableApps.com (portableapps.com)
- Best New Project: Eeebuntu (eeebuntu.org)
- Best Project: PortableApps.com (portableapps.com)
- Best Project for Academia: XMind (xmind.net)
- Best Project for Gamers: ScummVM (scummvm.org)
- Best Project for Government: OpenOffice.org (openoffice.org)
- Best Project for Multimedia: Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net)
- Best Project for the Enterprise: Firebird (firebirdsql.org)
- Best Tool or Utility for Developers: Notepad++ (notepad-plus.sourceforge.net)
- Best Tool or Utility for SysAdmins: phpMyAdmin (phpmyadmin.net)
- Best Visual Design: PortableApps.com (portableapps.com)
- Most Likely to Change the Way You Do Everything: PortableApps.com (portableapps.com)