Several different community members and industry luminaries have posted blog articles with memories of Turbo Pascal version 1.0. Here are just a few of the blog posts with the person, link to the blog, and an excerpt from their posts.
- "CodeGear’s David Intersimone wrote to me today to remind me of a very important anniversary - 25 years since Turbo Pascal 1.0 shipped! If that had never happened, I wonder what I’d be doing now? Probably not publishing Bitwise and running a software company. Turbo Pascal really did change the course of my life…"
Richard Nelson ("Chard") - Developer and past member of the Turbo Pascal/Delphi R&D Team, US
- "Oh, how old I feel! A friend just pointed out that we’re observing the 25th anniversary of the release of Turbo Pascal 1.0. I didn’t actually buy it until it was at version 2.0 (for my CP/M system), but I used that (and succeeding versions) a lot…"
Avinash Meetoo - Developer, Maritius
- "I believe Turbo Pascal 1.0 was an important milestone because it allowed countless people of my age to learn structured programming using a programming language created by someone who was an expert in creating programming languages but also teaching and pedagogy, Niklaus Wirth. I believe that many students (and I am not alone) have difficulties learning programming today because of our focus on C-like languages like C++ and Java which are excellent tools for professionals but oh so lousy for teaching the Art of Programming…"
- "Can that be right? Turbo Pascal is 25 years old? Let’s see…that would make me how old? Oh never mind. What brought this to mind was the note from CodeGear’s David Intersimone that he was celebrating the 25th anniversary of the shipping of Turbo Pascal Version 1.0 on his blog…the gratifying part in this stroll down memory lane was hearing from Philippe Kahn himself…"
El lenguaje de programación Turbo Pascal cumple 25 años by ZooTV
- "Para aquellos que estamos relacionados al mundo de la programación desde hace años, no podemos olvidar aquellos lenguajes con los que aprendimos a realizar nuestros primeros programas…" [ David I. note: Google translation - "For those who are connected to the world of programming for years, we can not forget those languages with which we learned to make our first programs." ]
[ David I note: If you know about blog posts that are celebrating the 25th anniversary of Turbo Pascal version 1.0 or have a version 1.0 story, please send an email to email@example.com and make the email subject something like Turbo Pascal version 1.0 blog post or story. ]