Boost support in Tiburon C++Builder 2009

We are adding the Boost C++ libraries to C++Builder in Project Tiburon.  You could use Boost with previous versions of C++Builder, but C++Builder 2009 will have the 1.35 libraries included with the product.  Below you will find a few screen shots showing a sample program that uses the Regex regular expression library.

The first screen shot shows the Boost 1.35 header files as part of the include path.

The second screen shot shows the Regex example program from the web site.

The third screen shot shows the program in action.

Stay tuned to the developer network and blogs for additional previews of Project Tiburon - Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009.

1. m. Th. | July 22, 2008 at 2:15 am | Permalink

Ok, now you’re bound to add regular expression engine to Delphi. :-)
    Can’t wait to see it…

I said it as a joke, David, but it isn’t. A RegEx engine would be a nice thing to build upon. 3rd party solution doesn’t provide a satisfactory solution when one wants to build components, plug-ins, libraries etc. etc.

2. Yaron Nahum | July 22, 2008 at 3:58 am | Permalink

So the name for Tiburon is Delphi 2009
    is this also applies about the realese date ?

i hope not .

3. Mike Hoyt | July 22, 2008 at 5:15 am | Permalink

This is great news! Over the last year I’ve discovered and utilized the boost libraries in my C++Builder projects, so having official support is a real ‘boost’.

David, as a long time C++Builder user, I appreciate the attention CG has been ‘lavishing’ on the C++ side of things lately. Please keep it up!

4. Leonardo M. Ramé | July 22, 2008 at 5:17 am | Permalink

m. Th., before waiting for CG to add RegExp support, take a look at TRegExp at is freeware with source included and 100% ObjectPascal.

5. mouser | July 22, 2008 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Really really great news. Bravo for the attention to C++ Builder.

6. Daniel N. | July 23, 2008 at 6:30 am | Permalink

Great news!! This is a move into the right direction.
    Will also the number of boost libraries increase which actually can be used by the compiler? Are there already test results published?

7. JS77 | August 17, 2008 at 1:36 am | Permalink

When hurry, I use Delphi to write DB app.
    But my main tool is BCB because I have to deal with matrix, vector and mathe compuatation so my tool it really C++ Builder and I have some problem with boost library compilcation, so I use DEVCPP as spare compiler.

Borland C++ Buider is great ! sicne back into Turbo C++ for DOS. I am glad to this good new !

{ 1 } Trackback