Boost support in Tiburon C++Builder 2009

We are adding the Boost C++ libraries to C++Builder in Project Tiburon.  You could use Boost with previous versions of C++Builder, but C++Builder 2009 will have the 1.35 libraries included with the product.  Below you will find a few screen shots showing a sample program that uses the Regex regular expression library.

The first screen shot shows the Boost 1.35 header files as part of the include path.

boost1_714.jpg

The second screen shot shows the Regex example program from the Boost.org web site.

boost2_716.jpg

The third screen shot shows the program in action.

boost3_718.jpg

Stay tuned to the developer network and blogs for additional previews of Project Tiburon - Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009.

1. m. Th. | July 22, 2008 at 2:15 am | Permalink

Ok, now you’re bound to add regular expression engine to Delphi. :-)
    Can’t wait to see it…

I said it as a joke, David, but it isn’t. A RegEx engine would be a nice thing to build upon. 3rd party solution doesn’t provide a satisfactory solution when one wants to build components, plug-ins, libraries etc. etc.

2. Yaron Nahum | July 22, 2008 at 3:58 am | Permalink

So the name for Tiburon is Delphi 2009
    is this also applies about the realese date ?

i hope not .

Yaron

3. Mike Hoyt | July 22, 2008 at 5:15 am | Permalink

This is great news! Over the last year I’ve discovered and utilized the boost libraries in my C++Builder projects, so having official support is a real ‘boost’.

David, as a long time C++Builder user, I appreciate the attention CG has been ‘lavishing’ on the C++ side of things lately. Please keep it up!

4. Leonardo M. Ramé | July 22, 2008 at 5:17 am | Permalink

m. Th., before waiting for CG to add RegExp support, take a look at TRegExp at http://regexpstudio.com/TRegExpr/TRegExpr.html is freeware with source included and 100% ObjectPascal.

Leonardo.

5. mouser | July 22, 2008 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Really really great news. Bravo for the attention to C++ Builder.

6. Daniel N. | July 23, 2008 at 6:30 am | Permalink

Great news!! This is a move into the right direction.
    Will also the number of boost libraries increase which actually can be used by the compiler? Are there already test results published?
    Daniel

7. JS77 | August 17, 2008 at 1:36 am | Permalink

Great!
    When hurry, I use Delphi to write DB app.
    But my main tool is BCB because I have to deal with matrix, vector and mathe compuatation so my tool it really C++ Builder and I have some problem with boost library compilcation, so I use DEVCPP as spare compiler.

Borland C++ Buider is great ! sicne back into Turbo C++ for DOS. I am glad to this good new !

{ 1 } Trackback