Here’s a baited question he..he… How important is unit-testing to your day-to-day work? What if your tool of choice had some sort of integrated support for writing and running unit tests? What would you expect from such an integration?
Things that come to my mind are:
- Create new test module or application
- Scan through the classes in your project and create a testing skeleton for the selected classes
- Inspect the methods and their signatures, then create specific rudimentary boundary condition tests
- Integrated test management console
- Run and debug specific tests
Also, what are your favorite unit-testing frameworks? DUnit, NUnit, etc… Should Borland create their own framework or simply leverage one of the existing frameworks?Posted by Allen Bauer on April 21st, 2004 under Uncategorized |